He died last Sunday from prostate cancer that he had been dealing with for 3 years. Dont know if anyone on this list cares for his music. I never liked him for the longest time (no pun intended). He could really pour on the syrup and the cheese. However, he had some great acoustic tunes a la CSN and Neil Young. His album Souvenirs was produced by Joe Walsh and I have enjoyed it.

Exactly what pookie said. I have resisted telling my mom (she may know by now), as she's going through a rough time right now. I know she'll take it hard. I have a nice memory of sitting at the piano with my mom playing and singing his songs with her as a kid. May he RIP.

Man, I feel old. It was me playing his records for Bethanydear when she been a kid. (though it was just his first few albums, the second part of his carreer slipped deeply into Velveeta territory.)

He was much more popular with my sister than me, but I did like him too. She preferred the soft stuff, i.e. The Letterman, James Taylor, Seals & Croft, Bread, while I listened to Zeppelin, The Beatles, King Crimson, The Who, Ten Years After etc.

I was certainly saddened to hear of him passing. Yes, it does make you feel old, but he wasn't very old, only 56.

Man, I feel old. It was me playing his records for Bethanydear when she been a kid. (though it was just his first few albums, the second part of his carreer slipped deeply into Velveeta territory.)

I don't know why, but when I read that, Velveeta Underground went through my head...that was weird. I've got dibs on that band name.

I had a couple of Dan's albums back in the day. One vivid memory was when I was a lifeguard at our city pool watching elderly lap swimmers moving in time to "longer than....". it was like water ballet.