I am going to have to get that record....even though I don't have a record player right now. :thumbup

what an awesome film, i'll have to look for him next time I watch the movie.

it's my all time favorite film.....and has been since I first saw it when I was 15 years old.

I think I have all of the soundtrack songs on various discs - but it will be cool to have the record. I was always frustrated that a soundtrack had never been released for that movie.

:wub

It use to be the only place you could hear If You Want To Sing Out, Sing Out/Don't Be Shy - until Footsteps In The Dark (Greatest Hits Volume Two) came out.

Actually, Cat Stevens "Gold" has both those tracks, as well as other great Cat Stevens songs. It's a 2 disc CD, and the inclusion of those songs is why I bought it. Harold & Maude is one of my top ten favorite films -- too hard to rank in order, but it's among good company in that list :)

Footsteps In The Dark - original release date: November 1984, cd release date: June 24, 2003

Gold - released on November 15, 2005

I wasn't disputing that Footsteps in the Dark came out first on CD - just that there's another option.

I wasn't disputing that Footsteps in the Dark came out first on CD - just that there's another option.

Well, at the time - (1984) that was the only way to get it.

Like all the other old rock dudes, he now has multiple hits/anthology packages of course.

Thanks for posting this Analogman. I first saw H&M in Montery CA. summer of 75, in a theater on Cannery Row. I was 16. What got me to post was looking up Jean Roussell, Cat Stevens' piano player. For some reason I thought he had passed away, but no, Jean Roussell is alive and well. In 96,97,98 I played in a group with Jucy Lucy vocalist Paul Williams. I almost lost it when I found out Jean Roussell had been in Jucy Lucy on the "Pieces" album 1972.

Jean Roussell also played on some classic Bob Marley albums, a nice discography. Evidently he's also on the newest Cat Stevens/ Yusef Islam(sp) disc.

Bound For Glory is my favorite Ashby-film, but this has to be one of the most beautiful soundtracks ever.

In Bound for Glory, Woody Guthrie is played by David Caradine. A friend from my hometown, Rob Moses has been Carridine's training partner for the last 25 years.

(Me I'm a "Major Nobody"* but i still love the circles in life). In "Spiral Fitness" and *Nine Palms" Moses and Carradine explore the circles, spirals, sacred geometry of life . . .

dam, wish I had a clue, how come everybody gets this life thing but me, gotta think of a way to kill myself and come back and see if anybody misses me, better watch Harold and Maude again.

* "Major Noboby" = a has been who never ever was - (mike watt)

maybe if i could play in a band with Nels Cline again, someday, naahhh, i would just create more haters

And Toni Basil (of "Mickey" fame) is in Five Easy Pieces; in the famous diner scene with Jack. She's one of the hitchikers.

Yes - that is how I noticed it all the way back in the 70s. He is in two scenes that I can think of - one, where the hippies are throwing seeds on the ground - and, also, the scene where they are having the prayer before they eat.