R.E.M. - ACCELERATE

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did you hear of the us tour in April???? I am going to Langerdero which is in March though...

:stunned

REM + Modest Mouse + The National

Vancouver 5/23 - DEER LAKE PARK

Los Angeles 5/29 - HOLLYWOOD BOWL

Berkeley 5/31 - THE GREEK THEATRE

Denver 6/03 - RED ROCKS

Chicago 6/06 - UNITED CENTER

Toronto 6/08 - MOLSON AMPHITHEATRE

Raleigh 6/10 - WALNUT CREEK AMPHITHEATRE

Washington DC 6/11 - MERRIWEATHER POST PAVILION

Boston 6/13 - TWEETER CENTER

Long Island 6/14 - JONES BEACH THEATER

Philadelphia 6/18 - MANN CENTER

New York City 6/19 - TBA

Atlanta 6/21 - LAKEWOOD AMPHITEATRE

REM + Modest Mouse + The National

Vancouver 5/23 - DEER LAKE PARK

Los Angeles 5/29 - HOLLYWOOD BOWL

Berkeley 5/31 - THE GREEK THEATRE

Denver 6/03 - RED ROCKS

Chicago 6/06 - UNITED CENTER

Toronto 6/08 - MOLSON AMPHITHEATRE

Raleigh 6/10 - WALNUT CREEK AMPHITHEATRE

Washington DC 6/11 - MERRIWEATHER POST PAVILION

Boston 6/13 - TWEETER CENTER

Long Island 6/14 - JONES BEACH THEATER

Philadelphia 6/18 - MANN CENTER

New York City 6/19 - TBA

Atlanta 6/21 - LAKEWOOD AMPHITEATRE

sonsabitch

Is anyone here in the REM fanclub? And if so, did they receive any information on the pre-sales? I know that people got one for a pre-sale on Tuesday, but I think that it was limited to UK fans for the UK tour that's supposed to be announced on Monday. I have a lot of trouble getting emails from Sandbag and REM, so I'm worried I missed it.

Is anyone here in the REM fanclub? And if so, did they receive any information on the pre-sales? I know that people got one for a pre-sale on Tuesday, but I think that it was limited to UK fans for the UK tour that's supposed to be announced on Monday. I have a lot of trouble getting emails from Sandbag and REM, so I'm worried I missed it.

I'm in the fanclub and received emails about the presales.

Thanks for verifying. Evidently I'm not the only one that didn't get the emails. The funny thing is, I just googled REM and Sandbag, and got the members' ticket pre-sale page and was able to log in with my email address and password -- so they have my email. I got the original email about the tracklisting for Accelerate and about the tour, but nothing about the pre-sale. I guess we'll see.

I'm in the fanclub but did not receive an email about the presales. Did the email clarify whether the presale is limited to UK dates or not? I was able to log in to the Sandbag/REM Tickets web site yesterday, but I still don't know when/if the US dates will be pre-sold.

Huh. I'll check that out - thanks.

*so, I went to the Sandbag site and was able to log in - is there a US version of Sandbag, or does all of their ticketing go through the UK site?

I believe that it's all UK -- Radiohead uses Sandbag as well (or at least they used to for ticketing).

• 1 month later...
R.E.M. Launching New Album On iLike

R.E.M.

March 10, 2008, 2:55 PM ET

Jessica Letkemann, N.Y.

Forget the traditional radio premiere: R.E.M.'s new album, "Accelerate," is set to debut on the social networking application iLike.

The roll-out, the first of its kind for a major act, will allow fans to stream and share "Accelerate" in its entirety beginning March 24, a week ahead of the album's April 1 release date.

"It was one of those ideas that was presented to us and it seemed like a good one so we ran for it," R.E.M. frontman Michael Stipe tells Billboard.com. He also noted that the way people embrace music "has certainly changed in the last 5 or 10 years. I think you can either go with it or sit back and watch it happen, and I would rather be out on the field than in the bleachers."

Accompanied by an exclusive video of the band talking about the album, the iLike launch will make the 11-song set freely available to anyone using iLike.com, Facebook, iTunes or any of the other social networks and sites that offer an iLike application for their platforms.

The iLike premiere of "Accelerate" is R.E.M.'s latest example of using direct-to-listener online initiatives to present their music. As previously reported, the band recently launched a Web site of raw footage and invited visitors to edit their own video for the album's first single, "Supernatural Superserious." The trio has also been doling out downloadable glimpses of the new material one day at a time via Ninetynights.com.

R.E.M. played its inaugural show of the year last week in Florida at the Langerado festival. Aside from mixing old favorites with a large sampling from "Accelerate," Stipe revealed his presidential candidate of choice by sporting a Barack Obama t-shirt.

They were pretty damn excellent on Saturday. I was pleasantly surprised by the energy. Mike Stipe seems like a pretentious dick, a little, though.

They have always been great live.... at least as long as when I first saw them circa Document tour. Oh, and Michael has always been a bit pretentious but he's damn entertaining.