it's definitely great looking and thin, but no way could i use that as my primary laptop...

one usb port (yeah i realize hubs are small these days), only audio out, it's pretty slow with a slow HD that doesn't have all that much storage nor an optical drive.

Ouch.

yeah... honestly this thing won't even come close to the MacBook in terms of performance.

if it had a smaller footprint (i realize it's super thin and elegant, but still) i might be accepting of the performance hit vs. a MacBook, but it actually has a LARGER footprint overall than a MacBook (don't believe me, look at the dimensions and see how much more space around the screen it has vs. a regular MacBook).

MacBook Air

Size and weight

Height: 0.16-0.76 inch (0.4-1.94 cm)

Width: 12.8 inches (32.5 cm)

Depth: 8.94 inches (22.7 cm)

Weight: 3.0 pounds (1.36 kg)1

MacBook

Size and weight

• Height: 1.08 inches (2.75 cm)
  • Width: 12.78 inches (32.5 cm)
  • Depth: 8.92 inches (22.7 cm)
  • Weight: 5.0 pounds (2.27 kg)

if i was in the market for a sub-compact laptop, this wouldn't be my choice, since it's just as wide and deep (actually even bigger by a hair) than the regular MacBooks. i'd want something more in line w/ the old 12" Power or iBook Footprint. an 11" widescreen would be ideal for a sub-compact Apple as long as the resolution was high enough.

it's definitely great looking and thin, but no way could i use that as my primary laptop...

one usb port (yeah i realize hubs are small these days), only audio out, it's pretty slow with a slow HD that doesn't have all that much storage nor an optical drive.

I am in the market for a new laptop, and will most definitely get a macbook (I use an iMac as well as an older PC laptop aka "the craptop"), but other than the slimness, it's not much of an upgrade.

I want to like it...