• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zen, you might want to read the Time Magazine expose from 1991:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/...,972865,00.html

Man, with that much going against them, I dont see how they aren't more exposed. Why cant anyone take them down? It's been 17 years since that article.

Probably the biggest cult out there. I'm sure there is alot of good it does, because how else could they recruit, but overall it looks bad.

Man, with that much going against them, I dont see how they aren't more exposed. Why cant anyone take them down? It's been 17 years since that article.

Probably the biggest cult out there. I'm sure there is alot of good it does, because how else could they recruit, but overall it looks bad.

Keep in mind that the US gubment recently chided the German gubment for refusing to grant them official status as a religion. Hmm. It seems like they're entrenched.

Let me see what this could stir. I will rank the popular organized religions in order of best to worst. IMO.

1. Buddhist/Taoist

2. Hindu

3. Christianity

4. Judism

5. Muslim

6. Scientology (just added to list)

You missed mormonism, which is way more popular than scientology (almost as popular as Judaism!).

Let me see what this could stir. I will rank the popular organized religions in order of best to worst. IMO.

1. Buddhist/Taoist

2. Hindu

3. Christianity

4. Judism

5. Muslim

"Best" as in most popular? What is this ranking based on?

1. Buddhist/Taoist

2. Hindu

3. Christianity

4. Judism

5. Muslim

I sort of agree with that, though I

I would rank Judism along with Christianity and Muslim about the same. All the monotheist religions suffer the same type of problems.

Yeah scientology is just a cult.

I still don't see the basis for your ranking system?

And they don't do blood transfusions.

minor detail.

I still don't see the basis for your ranking system?

Just my ranking on what I experienced and read. Maybe other people's ranking differ with their own personality and experiences.

The thing about religion is gets so big that it becomes a culture and then the people get lost in what is the culture and what they believe and feel in life.

The thing about religion is gets so big that it becomes a culture and then the people get lost in what is the culture and what they believe and feel in life.

that's why i keep my faith personal and don't subscribe to any particular denomination. i see no use for it.