• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, when you get 'christians' like kent hovind using 'science' to make his point, then you're right - there isn't much difference. but, i can't see much else that is similar in terms of how they 'justify their belief', and I see justification thing as the central thing to all religion - and i say that from the point of a devout agnostic.

I don

Well, only if all film archive is wiped due to sun spots or lunar activity of some kind or other. Cos otherwise, surely people will have a hard time getting past the shit he was in as an actor. Other religions in the past didn't really 'die out' as such, they were 'murdered' by the religions that surpassed them - I can't see that happening here with this.

Underestimate the power of The Cruise at your own peril, me, I

I actually like to think Tom in real life is much like the character he played in Collateral.

"Being a Scientologist, when you drive past an accident it's not like anyone else... as you drive past, you know you have to do something about it you because you know you're the only one who can really help."

Really? Scientologists can help accident victims but no one else can? With what, Tom Cruise's ego?

I guess EMTs, paramedics, doctors, etc. should all look for a new profession :lol

Logorrhoea or logorrhea (Greek λογορροια, logorrhoia, "word-flux") is defined as an "excessive flow of words"

I never liked her in Desperate Housewives.

However, she is a friend of Tom Cruise. Everything we know and trust is Scientology-related.

"Being a Scientologist, when you drive past an accident it's not like anyone else... as you drive past, you know you have to do something about it you because you know you're the only one who can really help."

Really? Scientologists can help accident victims but no one else can? With what, Tom Cruise's ego?

I guess EMTs, paramedics, doctors, etc. should all look for a new profession :lol

Seeing as they believe that Scientologists who have reached the higher levels of their religion can move objects with their mind, I'm not surprised by that statement. My wife's cousin has gotten really heavy into it. We wondered why for the last couple of years she seemed like an imitation of a human. Now we know. It is definitely the scariest cult going, mainly because it's being more and more accepted in the mainstream as a real religion. Anything that won't tell you the whole story of the religion until you've gone through all the classes and such (which will cost you over $200K to reach a Cruise-like level) is nothing but a scam.

I've just never understood how that many people can get brainwashed like that. Believe me, people and religous groups have tried to brainwash me before, and good old common sense always kicks in just in time.. I guess a lot of people just don't have common sense anymore?

Seeing as they believe that Scientologists who have reached the higher levels of their religion can move objects with their mind, I'm not surprised by that statement. My wife's cousin has gotten really heavy into it. We wondered why for the last couple of years she seemed like an imitation of a human. Now we know. It is definitely the scariest cult going, mainly because it's being more and more accepted in the mainstream as a real religion. Anything that won't tell you the whole story of the religion until you've gone through all the classes and such (which will cost you over $200K to reach a Cruise-like level) is nothing but a scam.

And how is any of this different from any other religion?