2008 NFL Champions  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• New England Patriots
    • New York Giants

But I don't really have a position in this discussion. I watched part of this football game, and it's the only football I've watched all year. I thought it was exciting and skillful playing by both teams. I have been reading this thread because it is interesting to me.

I pay very close attention, actually. When you start touting yourself as some sort of master at debate and challenger of belief systems, it's just kind of amusing. You manage to piss people off, sure, but only because you're so tangential and illogical, not because you really strike any nerves.

If you set yourself up as being a sort of philosophical pioneer, you need to have the stuff to back it up. Or get called on it when you don't. It's really not that complicated.

I don

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I retain a certain amount of respect for Belichick, as all Giants fans should. He played a big part in the Giants teams of the 1980s - his game plan for Super Bowl XXV is in the Football Hall of Fame.

2. I paid a $1.99 last night for Super Bowl XLII highlights I can watch on my iPod.

What? Bleh. They always had that sweet NFL Films footage.

What? Bleh. They always had that sweet NFL Films footage.

yeah, it sucks, but hopefully it'll be picked up by another network. the NFL network seems like the obvious choice, but I really hope that doesn't happen, since I don't get that channel.

Inside the NFL' ending 31-year run on HBO

NEW YORK (AP)

yeah, it sucks, but hopefully it'll be picked up by another network. the NFL network seems like the obvious choice, but I really hope that doesn't happen, since I don't get that channel.

I've got it on good faith that this was the NFL Network's doing.

thumbs down to HBO, for canceling Inside the NFL.

I agree as well. Luckily for me, i do get the NFL Network. Its borderline obsessive. I spent last week watching Senior Bowl practices to get ready for the draft. :ohwell

From the greatest foosball site in the world: www.profootballtalk.com

WHERE WILL INSIDE THE NFL LAND?

With the last episode of Inside the NFL now in the viewing rotation on HBO, it's unclear where the show will resurface in 2008.

A source with knowledge of the show tells us that HBO was paying NFL Films a whopping $8 million per year for the rights to use the highlights of NFL games. Add to that estimated annual production costs of $20 million, and that's a hefty price tag for any network to pay.

Still, it's a relatively cheap way to bring the NFL to a network that currently doesn't have it, especially in light of what it costs to televise actual games.

The cash influx resulting from the rights fee makes it unlikely that the show will land on NFL Network, and more likely that we'll see it on TBS or TNT or some other network that currently isn't airing NFL games.

Another factor nudging the show to something other than CBS or NBC or FOX or ESPN/ABC is the potential for controversy arising from some of the story lines. For example, the source believes that a recent item on how the 1925 NFL Champions, the Pottsville Maroons, have been screwed by the league wouldn't have been aired by one of the broadcast partners during Super Bowl week because it embarrassed the Bidwills, who own the team that hosted the big game.

what a crock of shit. there was no reason at all the end the show. I'm a bit heartbroken over it, I grew up watching Inside the NFL. fuck you HBO.

my husband worked on that show for 6 years. believe me, he is pretty heartbroken over it too, as am I.

what a crock of shit. there was no reason at all the end the show. I'm a bit heartbroken over it, I grew up watching Inside the NFL. fuck you HBO.

there's always a "reason" to end a show.