REM Tour dates With National and Modest Mouse

R.E.M. to Tour with Modest Mouse and the National in Support

Tagged:

Announcement remhq

By ethank at 01/28/2008 - 7:05pm

R.E.M. will tour North America this May and June in support of Accelerate, their new record which is set to be released on April 1. The band will be joined on the North American tour by Modest Mouse and The National. Please stay tuned to remhq.com for more details.

May

23--Vancouver--Deer Lake Park

29--Los Angeles--Hollywood Bowl

31--Berkeley--The Greek Theatre

June

03--Denver--Red Rocks Amphitheatre

06--Chicago--United Center

08--Toronto--Molson Amphitheatre

10--Raleigh--Walnut Creek Amphitheatre

11--Washington, DC--Merriweather Post Pavilion

13--Boston--Tweeter Center for the Performing Arts

14--Long Island--Jones Beach Theater

18--Philadelphia--Mann Center for the Performing Arts

19--New York City--TBA

21--Atlanta--Lakewood Amphitheatre

I can not make one single shows on this tour as I will be out of the country! Just my luck! First tour I am missing in 14 years! :ohwell

Molson Amphitheare = no thanks. Blech. They pretty much have to expand this, right...?

What's the Molson like, Maker? I was thinking about making a run for the border...

The REM fanclub doesn't have anything to do with ticketing, does it? I haven't been a member that long.

Forgive my ignorance, but are they still big enough to sell out these places even with the support?

I don't they are. They didn't sell out Molson amp with Wilco in 99 and last time through they certainly didn't play the hockey arenas that U2 and Radiohead add dates for.

They're always fun though, even if the last three records could be condensed into one ok cd.

all over that vancouver date. modest mouse was pretty good, nothing fantastic when i saw them a few years ago, but would love to see them just to see johnny marr. and the national was the best show i saw last year.

plus REM?

all over it.

The fan club usually does a pre-sale. When I found out they would be touring again, I joined the fan club just to get the presale (it's only $10 to join).

That said, they do cut off at some point, so you may or may not be able to join now and still get in to the presale.

At any rate, I agree with the earlier posters that these venues seem a bit bigger than the band has been able to fill lately. I will be surprised if they sell out many of these dates. So, chances are you'll be able to score tickets, fan club or no.