New O'Rourke album?

From PFork:

Jim O'Rourke Reissues, New Album Due on Drag City

Jim O'Rourke-- producer, one half of Loose Fur, former Sonic Youth member, and experimental musician in his own right-- will enter the reissue game on May 20 with the help of Drag City. That's when the Chicago label will reissue O'Rourke's Tamper (1991) and Osorezan (2006).

Both reissues will feature the original albums sans the distraction of bonus tracks. Take that, Elvis Costello!

Following the release of those reissues, Drag City imprint Streamline will continue the unearthing with the release of Long Nights, "a double-disc release of pure drone that dates way, way back but is only now seeing the light of day," according to Drag City.

Finally, there's the matter of O'Rourke's new album. Details are scant for now, but he's planning to have it finished early this year.

I cannot wait for a new album from him.

that quitting music thing didn't last very long

i think this record was in the can before he 'quit'. i remember reading a quote from him about using an orchestra etc. on the album, but that was a few years ago.

the new album info seems really vague though. the article doesn't explicitly mention it.

c

He was seen advertising that cool new electronic instrument, I can't remember what is was called... there was a video of him using it on their official website, so I guess he's still been fooling around with music.

Tenori-on.

I want one so goddamn bad, but they refuse to ship across the waters. :realmad