Oh...heh! Well, FWIW, I'd agree with you then. :lol

I kind of wish they'd start opening with "All Night"...

honestly i can't even place "All Night"

i just remember it was on Lost Dogs and i believe a No Code outtake

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last nights PJ setlist was the best of the tour so far!

Agreed. But I'm only saying this because I was actually there. I have no idea what their setlists have looked like.

And I'm not much on concert reviewing, but i will say I had an awesome time last night and it was definitely worth the 15 year wait. I think Eddie liked us! The highlights for me were Elderly Woman and Even Flow. Oh and Glorified. Oh and Do the Evolution. Also, I really liked Kings of Leon.

Kanye posted on his blog about his Bonnaroo experience.

Kanye's bitching again

Some good quotes:

I HAVE TO ICE MY KNEES AFTER EVERY SHOW AND THEY HURT WHEN I WALK THROUGH THE AIRPORT
MY PRODUCTION MANAGER TRIED TO LOAD IN FOR 24 HOURS BEFORE I WENT ON STAGE BUT THE FESTIVAL WOULDN'T ALLOW US TO DO ANYTHING UNTILL PEARL JAM LEFT THE STAGE. PEARL JAM ENDED ONE HOUR

LATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But this Bonnaroo thing is the worst insult I've ever had in my life. This is the most offended I've ever been... this is the maddest I ever will be. I'm typing so fucking hard I might break my fucking Mac book Air!!!!!!!!
WE WERE OBVIOUSLY DEALING WITH FUCKING IDIOTS WHO DIDN'T REALLY HAVE THE CAPACITY TO REALLY PUT ON THIS SHOW PROPERLY. THEY TRIED 2 GIVE ME A TIME SLOT WERE IT WAS STILL LIGHT OUTSIDE ... I HAVE A FUCKING LIGHT SHOW DUMB ASS, IT'S NOT CALLED GLOW IN THE DARK FOR NO REASON SQUID BRAINS!

Oh, great shit.

Kanye's a real piece. The reason I could never like him even if I wanted to is because I've seen how he carries himself and heard how he talks to people. He's a complete asshole. No two ways about it. Yeah, I realize PJ was being kinda asshole-ish, but they were scheduled to headline, not Kanye "nobody loves the black people" West. Suck it up, take your 8:15 slot, quit blaming everyone but yourself and your crew, and do the fucking show.

• 6 months later...
'Bonnaroo 365' Launches With Raconteurs Set

January 23, 2009 10:55 AM ET

Ray Waddell, Nashville

The Raconteurs' feverish Bonnaroo 2008 set, which is now streaming on Bonnaroo.com, will be the first of a host of content to go live on the site in the weeks to come under the mantle Bonnaroo 365.

"The vision of where we can take the template and application I think is going to be 10 times beyond what we're seeing now," says Jonathan Mayers, president of Bonnaroo co-producer Superfly Presents. "We're really excited to launch this program with the Raconteurs. This is really 'phase one' of where we think we can go."

All footage for Bonnaroo 365 will be taken directly from the festival's master tapes, and the audio is remixed from soundboard recordings. The goal is to have a large archive of performances on the Bonnaroo site that can be accessed through a wide range of distribution channels, ultimately including user-generated content.

"We have over 300 full sets that are line cut, iso-cammed, beautifully shot, and lots more audio multi-track," says Mayers. "Last year we filmed about 70 full performances."

Over the years, Bonnaroo has offered a variety of different audio/video programs including Webcasts, broadcasts and physical product, and Mayers says they're all "opt-in" programs.

"We've been fortunate that a lot of artists want to participate," he says. "At the end of the day we need artist, publisher [and] label permission to do any of these programs. All of this is about relationships, and we really have a give-and-take there. We're really open with artists as to their usage of it, because ultimately it benefits us."

Financial arrangements for future Bonnaroo 365 incarnations are still being determined, but right now the value to artists comes through the exposure. Bonnaroo has an e-mail list of more than 500,000 names to tap into.

"We feel we could become a marketing platform for artists, not just at the event but 365," Mayers says. "We want our Web site to become '365,' so it's not just a festival Web site, but it becomes this platform with an editorial voice, expanding the brand. We view ourselves as a media company, not just a festival."

Bonnaroo '09 is set for June 11-14 in Manchester, Tenn., with a lineup announcement due Feb. 3.