One Week From Now.....

I am heading to chicago for the first time to check out the shows next week. Are there any bars near by that people might meet up before or anywhere to go after the show since I think I will be so psyched after each night I would live to be around some other fans.

I should post the getting around in Chicago thing I did a few years ago for the Auditorium shows or something.

As far as places to go, the Green Mill is directly across the street (Lawrence, not Broadway) and would be a good "safe" bet for meeting up. Other interesteing places within a stones throw, Shake Rattle and Read in the same block (records and books), Fiesta Mexicana (decent Mexican food), a funky tacoria around the corner (changed names), what is supposed to be a good Ethiopian restaurant diagonally across the street, Starbucks right across the street, Magnolia (an upscale Indian restaurant), Borders (down Broadway a touch), the Argyle St. area, about two blocks north with lots of great dining choices)\, and Gigios (a very funky, but cheap place to get slices of pizza about a block south past the el tracks).

There are a few other bars in the neighborhood, none of which I can vouch for since I have never hung out in them. (Sharon's Hillbilly bar I believe is gone across from the Aragon.)

Five posters?? Yikes...

LouieB