18 Shot at Northern Illinois U., DeKalb Campus

Ahem - "I think if you would actually do some research into permit requirements..." :brow

I think most states would classify a bar as an establishment that derives more than 51% of their revenues from the sales of alcohol.

But I can pull the Minnesota requirements for you.

:thumbup.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we should just close down schools. :hmm

We are actually dealing with a murder-suicide today. A local Nazi, "Yankee" Jim Leshkevich, killed his wife after discovering (and blogging about it on his Nazi blog) his wife having an affair. He then killed himself.

An Italian, I think. (The Nazi posted the name on the blog.) Not really a minority in these parts.

Everything said for gun saftey and restrictions were good, but I dont think the issue with these types of shootings is about guns at all. These things can happen and there is nothing you can do about it. Just have to do what you can and hope you arent unlucky.

I do see that America has the most problems when it comes to twisted crimes like mass murders. It's our culture thats at fault. We just live in a more disturbed environment than other countries. I also believe this is just the other end of the great things our culture offers. The art and life that exist because of our culture has its beauty that other countries cant compare also.

Everything said for gun saftey and restrictions were good, but I dont think the issue with these types of shootings is about guns at all. These things can happen and there is nothing you can do about it. Just have to do what you can and hope you arent unlucky.

I do see that America has the most problems when it comes to twisted crimes like mass murders. It's our culture thats at fault. We just live in a more disturbed environment than other countries. I also believe this is just the other end of the great things our culture offers. The art and life that exist because of our culture has its beauty that other countries cant compare also.

I don

BREAKING NEWS: Police probe two deaths in West Hurley home

Freeman staff

WEST HURLEY - Police this afternoon are at a home on Morgan Hill Road in West Hurley where two people were found dead.

Scant details of the case have been released, but the home, at 213 Morgan Hill Road, is that of James Leshkevich, a self-proclaimed "white separatist" who participated in a white power rally outside Kingston High School in November 2005 and who has written numerous letters to the Freeman and posted comments on the newspaper's online stories and blogs.

On Monday, Leshkevich posted a rambling message on his own blog announcing his wife was cheating on him. He wrote that the posting would be his last "for a while."

State police Capt. Wayne Olson confirmed the deaths but would not identify the deceased or say how they died.

Asked whether the case was a murder-suicide, Olson said police were "looking into that as a possibility."

More details will be posted here as they become available.

I'm not talking about our standard of living as our culture. We do live in much better land and have alot of resources than most. I'm talking about the way our society functions. If you observe the children in third world countries, they will be happier than the kids in ours as a whole.

I realize this is a widely held belief, but I think it's bullshit, and patronizing to boot. All the observation that most of us do of third world countries is via the television, which gives a rather limited perspective. I don't wanna sound like Lou Dobbs, but if America sucks so hard, why do we have an illegal immigration problem?

Part of the reason such crimes are reported in America and other Western countries is that they are out of the ordinary. When is the last time you heard of something like this happening in Darfur? Do you doubt that people are killed at schools (such as they exist) in Afghanistan or Sudan or Somalia? They are singled out in Germany and Argentina and the US because there's not a larger conflict to which to attribute them as a symptom. And because the players are white or white-ish.

Perhaps

I suppose one could analyze the shootin' rate in states with various degrees of handgun control and see what's what.

A firearm was used by the murderer in the murder-suicide, sources say.