51 members have voted

1. 1. well?

• No Country for Old Men
    • There Will Be Blood

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't watch it - never do - but perusing the list of winners, I've gotta say it: best Oscars ever. I have very few complaints. Of the films that were nominated, the Academy couldn't have gotten it much more right.

I'm really pleased to see my favourite directors recognized at last. A buddy of mine and I have been wending our way through their filmography chronologically and were finishing up The Man Who Wasn't There when Joel and Ethan were collecting their much deserved Oscar gold.

I CANNOT FUCKING WAIT FOR YIDDISH POLICEMAN'S UNION. Coens + Chabon + Judaica = holy shit, I will adore this film without reservation.

So glad to see Hansard and Irglova win for Best Song, too. Fantastic!

The sight of Cormac McCarthy juxtaposed against the Oscars is certainly something I never thought in a million years I
but perusing the list of winners, I've gotta say it: best Oscars ever.

Among the major winners: No Country for Old Men, There Will Be Blood, La Vie en Rose, and Michael Clayton. That's quite a list. Just a few short years ago the Academy was honoring the likes of Chicago, but this year they crowned as Best Picture a great movie that feels like one of the best movies of the great 1970s. And they also rewarded Taxi to the Dark Side, which I didn't see coming. (I thought No End in Sight, which is less polemical, had a better chance.)