I Am Trying to Break Your Heart

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny that anyone would look at that movie as an attempt to hype an unknown band. I mean its pretty ugly with the Jeff Jay squabbling, the puking, the messy label ordeal, it's not a total glamour portrait by a long shot. What a piece of work that guy was.

can someone upload this movie for me?

i watched it several time a few months back ondemand,but would love to have my own copy.

If you want to have your own copy, why not buy it here?

I just talked to a guy who claims that all of the Wilco movie was staged and scripted in an attempt to hype the band and try and push them into wider audiences. When I asked if he thought the puking scene was real, he claimed that it wasn't. I tried to talk logic, but he swore to me that this was all common knowledge and that it was widely known to be staged. I have never heard of such nonsense. Anyone else here ever here of this?

Same production company that faked the moon landings.

no credit card brah

next question?

on a sidenote,id be more than willing to offer something in return for it.

I doubt many people here would be willing to give it up, even for something in exchange.

But take it from me (and I'm as cheap as the next guy :blush ) it's very worth going out and buying, even if you have to order it from a local store. Not only do you get the actual dvd, but another disc with as many awesome bonus clips (that an online vid probably wouldn't have) as they could fit on it.

I had to order it and wait a rediculous amount of time before it came in... Totally worth it!

Never got to see it in the theater, although, I do remember getting ridiculously excited in 2003 when they were screening it at Sewanee College (about 45 minutes from me), but in the end my dad wouldn't drive me to see it. So I ordered the VHS for my birthday (we didn't have a DVD player at that time), and the day it came, about a week after I turned 16, I ran in from getting it out of the mailbox and begged dad to let me watch it downstairs on our big 22" TV. Eventually, he let me, and he sat and watched it too, falling asleep a short time after the fight. I remember being so taken with the live footage (it would be another 2 years before I got to see the band live). It made me cry at the end and Wilco became my absolute favorite band the moment the credits rolled.

I think I got the DVD a year later maybe, because my mom bought me a dvd player for Christmas... I need to watch that again. :)

EDIT-This is somewhat unrelated, but in my 2004 Algebra 2 class, my inspirational picture on my notebook was the picture of Jeff's belly face. I made my first B in math (that's a great thing) because that picture made me want to do homework

My friend, whom I had dragged to a couple of Wilco shows (actually, one Wilco show and one of Jeff's solo shows), was volunteering at the LA Film Fest, where the film premiered. She called me the next day to tell me that she totally saw me rocking out in the movie. :blush

no credit card brah

next question?

on a sidenote,id be more than willing to offer something in return for it.

You don't have to have a credit card to order from amazon.com. You can use your bank account.