every thing about mmj (and annoying jam bands altogether) bores me.

Then you must hate Wilco too, because they have as many jam band tendencies as MMJ (which is not very many). Anyway, enough of that.

Just saw that MMJ is playing the late night show at Bonnaroo. Last time they did that it was a 3+ hr epic show. Wish I could go!!

before the day is out i expect to have listened to every mmj album i have. it's just one of those kind of days! :banana :love

did you do the early chapter collections as well? guessing so if you were listening to the superb "Tyrone" cover. are there versions on the new at dawn demos that are not on those early collections? are they essential? have a great time in houston. that sounds like a dream weekend, all except for having to be in that city when not at the shows. Yuck!

dude, i was at bonnaroo in '04, too! i did make mmj's set. it was the first time i'd seen them live, and boy howdy, did they make an impression. :guitar :banana

before their show, i was napping under a tree with my friend, suzie. i woke up, woke her up to tell her i really wanted to see this band, and stumbled over to find a spot in the crowd.

Yeah, I have regretted missing that show for the last several years. I had to leave during the second of the day of Bonnaroo that year because I was doing a week long service project with my high school and it started that Sunday. I didn't want to try to navigate my way out of there at night (the place was like a maze), so I took off after Grandaddy's set that Saturday. I did finally get to see MMJ in Louisville last year, and they were excellent.

--Mike

Okonokos is such a great record. It rates with Little Feat and Wilco's live discs in my faves. Little Feat's masterful tight live sound is just one of the many retro artifacts I hear in Okonokos. Dondante reminds me a lot of late-era Roxy Music, with the live sax and drum reverbed thing. If you like Dondante check out RM's The High Road EP. Jim's voice may prove as timeless as Ferry's too, I guess time will tell.

Rocket Man......................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

West End Girls..................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dondante reminds me a lot of late-era Roxy Music, with the live sax and drum reverbed thing. If you like Dondante check out RM's The High Road EP. Jim's voice may prove as timeless as Ferry's too, I guess time will tell.

:love :love :love

glenntion, i'll post any new songs we hear on monday! :thumbup