just listening to this, eating a sandwich in my living room and damn.

about 5:20 in there is a crazy crescendo and jim lets loose a wail that went straight to my spine.

what a gorgeous, haunting song this is.

jeebus.

Guest Jules
just listening to this, eating a sandwich in my living room and damn.

about 5:20 in there is a crazy crescendo and jim lets loose a wail that went straight to my spine.

what a gorgeous, haunting song this is.

jeebus.

one of my favs.

Wish I could see some of those shows in Texas w/ Yo La Tengo.

This is all they have listed now

MARCH

10 Mon Houston, TX Verizon Wireless Theater Very Special Guests, Yo La Tengo

13 Thu Austin, TX Austin Music Hall SXSW w/ The Whigs, Yo La Tengo

15 Sat Austin, TX St. David

argh! rich that is killing! perhaps a trip to the states is in order. :monkey

wendy, they are releasing a new record in june, so get ready for some tour dates! i'm sure they will fill in the dates between bonnaroo and radio city, too.

i'm going to see them in houston ONE WEEK FROM TODAY! oooooh yeeesssssss!! :banana

set ponytail to "out of control!"

(talk about your sweet sweet situation: wilco on friday, mmj on monday. sometimes, life is just that good *swoon!*)

"Dondante" is a good soundtrack for that realm between this world and the magic world.

i am so hot and cold with these dudes, as i am band of horses. one day i am in love with everything they do and then today, i just can't stand 'em. did see them live in 04. pretty good. glad jim cut his hair.

craig

I love this band, I had a kick a couple of weeks ago where I listened to Bermuda Highway almost everyday. Dondante is an excellent track as well.

--Mike

before the day is out i expect to have listened to every mmj album i have. it's just one of those kind of days! :banana :love

mike, have you heard the band's cover of "tyrone?" SPECTACULAR!!

before the day is out i expect to have listened to every mmj album i have. it's just one of those kind of days! :banana :love

mike, have you heard the band's cover of "tyrone?" SPECTACULAR!!

Yeah, I love it. I actually found out about these guys at Bonnaroo in 2004, I hadn't really heard of them, but almost everyone I ran into was talking about how great they were and they played a live version of One Big Holiday a lot in between sets. I ended up missing their set, but I picked up It Still Moves on my way out.

--Mike

dude, i was at bonnaroo in '04, too! i did make mmj's set. it was the first time i'd seen them live, and boy howdy, did they make an impression. :guitar :banana

before their show, i was napping under a tree with my friend, suzie. i woke up, woke her up to tell her i really wanted to see this band, and stumbled over to find a spot in the crowd.