wikipedia ridiculousness?

wasn't there an article where Tweedy mentioned his son even reading that article and Tweedy had to talk to him about all his personal information available? that's pretty scary stuff for a father to have to do that kind of damage control the instant your son can read the computer.

I recall reading that as well. You make a good point -- it's easy to forget that Jeff and the guys in the band have to deal with having their most private details (not to mention the occasional baseless rumor) broadcast to anyone with an internet connection (including their families).

Had a bad brownie experience.. I forgot who I was for a few hours.. I ate one, and thought "gee, this isn't doing anything..".. Ate another, then went to sleep.. Woke up at about 4 in the morning, and I literally did not know who I was.. Total amnesia.. And it's weird because that's back when I was a heavy pot smoker. So I stopped brownies after that.. I also don't smoke anymore, haven't for years.. Mostly because of job drug tests, and I prefer to booze it up...

Sorry, I know this thread was supposed to be about wiki..

I've been lucky enough to get through 17 years of professional journalism without having to be drug tested.

I've been lucky enough to get through 17 years of professional journalism without having to be drug tested.

Wow.. Well I work in IT, and for some reason every IT company I have been with has been strict with drug testing... I guess they don't want stoner's working on servers or what have you "what's this button do..."

I can actually see how pot would be beneficial to journalism. Gives you a more open minded point of view. But I'm sure you don't get high on the job do you? ;)

Wow!

I've been drug tested for all of my newspaper jobs. Internships, too, I think.

Not 17 years worth :worship but more than a few different ones.

but yeah, I remember smoking with some friends once and them telling me their brownie tales, where they ordered pizza after eating brownies and then refused to get up to get it when the pizza guy got there, or one time when they fell asleep for a full 24 hours. sounds like funny stuff, but a little weird, too.

Wow.. Well I work in IT, and for some reason every IT company I have been with has been strict with drug testing... I guess they don't want stoner's working on servers or what have you "what's this button do..."

Yeah, I'm a programmer and the last couple jobs I've had have been for companies that make financial software. Its mostly the banks we work with that insist on testing us. For some reason they get all uptight if we get zonked and make the teensiest little mistake like misplacing the decimal point while processing transactions and adding a couple zeros on the end. :lol

Although, come to think of it, at my last company we routinely kept a fridge full of beer in the office. I guess that was ok. And, thinking about everyone I worked with there, I don't believe for a second that everyone passed the drug test. *sigh* I miss that company. :lol

Spacecakes. I've never heard that one before. I once played a show at a seedy bar and along with our meager pay the owner gave us a bunch of oversized Spacecakes. Needless to say a good time was had by all. I blame the Spacecakes.

I can actually see how pot would be beneficial to journalism. Gives you a more open minded point of view. But I'm sure you don't get high on the job do you? ;)

No, I go out in the parking garage.

Wow!

I've been drug tested for all of my newspaper jobs. Internships, too, I think.

Not 17 years worth :worship but more than a few different ones.

First journalism company I worked for: Too cheap to do it.

Second: Union shop! Woot!

Third: We are the company that puts out the Woodstock Times.

the worst experience I ever had on any substance was from a pot brownie......I thought I was going to die. seriously. I was high for over 24 hours. It was awful.

Same thing happened to me a few years ago. That was my first experience with pot, and my last for sometime.

But then eventually I discovered that smoking it really wasn't so bad and the rest is history.

I too have questioned the veracity of mr. bennett with his side of the story. The story seemed completely offered to say what a great guy he was to comfort Jeff in his time of need. Given the timing of the interview it certainly is suspect, although still entirely possible.

I question the veracity of everything Bennett says at this point.