Neil Young - Hammersmith Apollo, London, Sat night

Wow... that's all I've got to say... wow.

Over an hour acoustic slot first up, highlights for me were "From Hank To Hendrix", "Man Needs a Maid" and "Heart of Gold"... the sound was fantastic.

Electric set was loud and proud, "Mr. Soul", "Winterlonge", "Oh, Lonesome Me" and an epic "No Hidden Path" which sprawled out for 20 mins into a mass of feedback were personal highlights.

He wasn't that talkative, a few comments but nothing political.

Only odd thing, I guess, was the artist with him that "painted" images for the songs then put them at the front of the stage.

03-06-2008, Hammersmith Apollo, London, England

w/ Rick Rosas, Ben Keith, Ralph Molina, Anthony Crawford & Pegi Young

From Hank To Hendrix / Ambulance Blues / Kansas / A Man Needs A Maid / Try / Harvest / After The Gold Rush / Old King / Love Art Blues / Heart Of Gold / Out On The Weekend / Old Man // The Loner / Dirty Old Man / Spirit Road / Down By The River / Hey Hey, My My / Roll Another Number / Oh, Lonesome Me / The Believer / Powderfinger / No Hidden Path // Fuckin' Up

This was my first time in seeing him. The tickets were expensive, but as he was is one of my all-time favourites, I thought I'd taken the opportunity as I live so close to London. Glad I did.

I'm so glad you finally got to see Neil! I've caught him more times than I can count - never have I came away feeling ripped off.

Nice one Rich. I was online well before 9 am this morning to get tickets to see Neil in Cork in June. Sold out by 9:15 am. 5,000 tickets gone like that.