I really like this so far. It really has no radio singles, it's more of just a cohesive album and I like that. It has some really beautiful sounds and textures going on. Definitely a bit of a departure and that's the main thing I'm glad about. At least they tried to do something a little different than what they've done in the past.

I apologize, but I simply could not get through the whole record. Whatever was left of Chris Martin's conviction has been lost in a haze of overwrought production.

No need to apologize. That band sucks, and there is no shame in saying so.

some dutch website/retailer posted a tracklist

1. 'Violet Hill'

2. '42'

3. 'Yes'

4. 'Death And All His Friends'

5. 'Cemeteries Of London'

6. 'Life In Technicolor'

7. 'Chinese Sleep Chant'

8. 'Strawberry Swing'

9. 'Rign Of Love'

Dutch website

It now reads as follows,

1. Life In Technicolor

2. Cemeteries Of London

3. Lost!

4. 42

5. Lovers In Japan / Reign Of Love

6. Yes

7. Viva La Vida

8. Violet Hill

9. Strawberry Swing

10. Death And All His Friends

Also, there's a backstage special on CBC tonight.

http://www.cbc.ca/entertainment/

Thanks for the heads up.... listening now...

I don't think they'll ever put together an album like their first 2

I'll assume you mean that's a goof thing. Thank god. I like the new single but those last 2 were the soundtrack to toolville.

I would be happy never to hear Chris Martin again. All his whining about hating celebrity and being married to a celeb wife....such a fucking pansy. Get over it you limp wristed English twat. Even your music is limp wristed and shite and as for the new style and wearing those stupid fucking jackets....situationist sloganeering and clothing even looked stupid on The Clash and Joe Strummer, you are not.

I would be happy never to hear Chris Martin again. All his whining about hating celebrity and being married to a celeb wife....such a fucking pansy. Get over it you limp wristed English twat. Even your music is limp wristed and shite and as for the new style and wearing those stupid fucking jackets....situationist sloganeering and clothing even looked stupid on The Clash and Joe Strummer, you are not.

A-men, brother.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm with you Lamrod. It's nice to know someone else enjoys it. I thought their last album was extremely boring and dull, but this new one is really solid. Been playing it all summer. Beck's album will probably soon take over though...

i'm not sure what i think yet.

the first two released songs showed promise with Chris abandoning his usual elementary rhymes,

but then hearing some more i see they're still present.

i did gain some respect for him in the Rolling Stone interview though.

he openly admits about ripping off Radiohead, sings Girlfriend is Better and talks about the percussion on Off the Wall.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/coverstory/21185368

love this Eno quote;

What was his (eno's) assessment of the band?

He goes, "Your songs are too long. And you're too repetitive, and you use the same tricks too much, and big things aren't necessarily good things, and you use the same sounds too much, and your lyrics are not good enough." He broke it down.

He goes, "Your songs are too long. And you're too repetitive, and you use the same tricks too much, and big things aren't necessarily good things, and you use the same sounds too much, and your lyrics are not good enough."

....other than that, they're fantastic. :lol