Separation Sunday is still my favorite and is the one I return to the most. For my money that one has the best songwriting and is the most cohesive as a whole.

great interview that i lifted from largehearted boy which lifted from Billboard:

Hold Steady frontman Craig Finn talks to Billboard about the band's forthcoming album, Stay Positive.

Of the new material, lead singer Craig Finn recently told Billboard.com that he was "influenced a lot about getting old. There's less party talk. I don't think anything is a radical departure, but there are things that I wanted to talk about. I was influenced a lot [by] getting old, and attempting to age gracefully. The idea is to not wake up washed up. You want to keep progressing, intellectually."

billboard link

i'm looking for some departure from the "party talk". Really looking forward to this release.

May 16 2008 10:15P The Great Escape @ The Old Market Brighton, UK

Jun 8 2008 8:00P Devore Stadium Field - Southwestern College Chula Vista, California

Jun 27 2008 8:00P Rams Head Live Baltimore, Maryland

Jun 28 2008 12:00P Festival Pier - The Paul Green School of Rock Music Festival w/Devo Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Jun 29 2008 8:00P McCarren Pool - JELLYNYC