A sad day for McDonald's fans...

I'm not a McDonald's fan, but the McMuffin is the best thing on their menu, and it really did revolutionize the way restaurants offer breakfast. It seems that everyone now offers some kind of breakfast sandwich.

RIP, Herb.

topics merged... carry on! :)

I'm a sucker for a Big Mac every once in awhile, but the Egg McMuffin really is the best thing they've got over there by far. When they first introduced them, they used to supply a thingy of jelly with it, the thought being that folks might like to lift off the top half of the muffin, throw some jelly on it, and eat it separate. :brow :eat

rest in peace, sir

Breakfast burritos are vomitrocious. Egg McMuffin all the way.

And no, I don't believe there were "millions" of people already making breakfast sandwiches prior to the introduction of the McMuffin. I'd want to see some evidence of that.

Breakfast burritos are vomitrocious. Egg McMuffin all the way.

And no, I don't believe there were "millions" of people already making breakfast sandwiches prior to the introduction of the McMuffin. I'd want to see some evidence of that.

First, you

I don't believe that Eggs Benedict is typically eaten with the hands as a sandwich, however -- despite its components.

It might be if purchased from a drive thru window, and consumed while driving.

It

Douche*

I just wanted to be the first to throw that out.

I've never seen Eggs Benedict sold this way. Never.

The innovation was in its portability more than anything. And Eggs Benedict is not typically "sandwiched between" anything -- it's served open-face. Do a Google image search and you won't see any instances of it as a closed sandwich.

I can't fucking believe I'm going to these lengths to defend the ingenuity of McDonald's. :rolleyes

Neither can I

So what happens when you take one half of the muffin, and place it over the other – the invention of something entirely new, like nothing ever seen before?

Yes.

It takes two – I’m done.

Yes, but it took you to start it.