Thu 04/17/08 Austin, TX Antone's

Fri 04/18/08 New Braunfels, TX Gruene Hall

Sat 04/19/08 Fort Worth, TX Main St. Fort Worth Art Festival

Tue 04/22/08 Knoxville, TN Bijou Theatre

Wed 04/23/08 Charlotte, NC Visulite Theatre

Thu 04/24/08 Raleigh, NC Lincoln Theatre

Fri 04/25/08 Washington, DC 9:30 Club

Sat 04/26/08 Philadelphia, PA Trocadero Theatre

i'm stoked to see mark spencer w/ son volt. i have missed the lap steel in recent shows.

of course tonight is the opener and jays fucking website is down.

the new songs jay played on his solo tour (cocaine and ashes, big sur) sound like a return to the alt-country sound of yesteryear. i hope the volt breaks them out on tour.

i'm stoked to see mark spencer w/ son volt. i have missed the lap steel in recent shows.

of course tonight is the opener and jays fucking website is down.

the new songs jay played on his solo tour (cocaine and ashes, big sur) sound like a return to the alt-country sound of yesteryear. i hope the volt breaks them out on tour.

i wasn't in love with cocaine and ashes

but very much looking forward to the full band shows as well

jay's web site is a joke ... don't think jay or his management is real concerned with his fans

• 5 weeks later...
jay's web site is a joke ... don't think jay or his management is real concerned with his fans

well you can def. say that again. he was a regular ass when i saw him in town a coupla weeks ago. real shit despite playing some off trace and some ut tracks.

bobby bare, jr., his opener, actually stole the show. he's got a real good thing going.

you guys should check him out.

well you can def. say that again. he was a regular ass when i saw him in town a coupla weeks ago. real shit despite playing some off trace and some ut tracks.

bobby bare, jr., his opener, actually stole the show. he's got a real good thing going.

you guys should check him out.

i saw that guy Bare Jr. open for son volt in philly a couple weeks ago and he did nothing for me to put it mildly. don't get his deal at all

son volt was just tremendous

i saw that guy Bare Jr. open for son volt in philly a couple weeks ago and he did nothing for me to put it mildly. don't get his deal at all

son volt was just tremendous

Farrar's website is freaking horrendous. How about an update more than once every six months...

Farrar's website is freaking horrendous. How about an update more than once every six months...

it blows

worst i've ever seen

apparently jay just doesn't give a shit if people know when / where he's playing, who's in his band, what projects he's working on, etc.

and his management supports him in that indifference.

rare to see a band that has national aspirations with such shoddy management, direction and PR

apparently, jay just doesn't give a flying fuck about his fans

but holy christ, his music is great and his recent live shows have been incredible

it blows ...

You know, there was a time in the last 12-24 months or so when I would get updates via email fairly often about what was going on with Jay, Son Volt, the Gob Iron thing with Anders Parker, etc. It seemed to just stop coming. I did not unsubscribe or anything. I might not go see him on every tour, but I would still like to be kept in the loop of what he's doing.

It's hard to imagine that he does't give a shit. At least I hope he doesn't not give a shit.

• 2 weeks later...