Annoying Location Statements

I just returned from a Colin Meloy (of The Decemberists) concert and he made a big deal about the altitude in Boulder, CO. Many shows I have been to here in CO the band has made a comment about the altitude and it is really annoying. I do not remember if Wilco did or not. My friend from Texas says that most acts make comments about the heat there. So my question is: what annoying location statements do bands make where you see shows?

Also, if someone can think of a better topic title let me know.

I guess I can understand the altitude statements. It must be a lot harder to sing in a higher altitude if you are not used to it. When I went to Colorado for the first time I felt dizzy from the altitude. But I am sure it must be annoying to hear the same statements all the time. Everytime I see a show in Camden NJ they say hello Philadelphia? Yeah I know it is across the river.

When I see shows in New Haven they always talk about Yale and make comments about how the audience must be really smart, or sometimes even infer that the audience is spoiled. I always want to yell out that we aren't all from Yale, some of us actually travel more than 20 feet to get to the show!!

I guess I can understand the altitude statements. It must be a lot harder to sing in a higher altitude if you are not used to it. When I went to Colorado for the first time I felt dizzy from the altitude. But I am sure it must be annoying to hear the same statements all the time. Everytime I see a show in Camden NJ they say hello Philadelphia? Yeah I know it is across the river.

Thats one of the funniest its like bands are a shamed of being in new jersey. Even the tour shirts will say Philadelphia not camden.

As we see most of our shows at the 930 Club in Washington, DC, we get a lot of political talk from the bands that come through town. I realize that for them it's probably the only night of the tour they're in DC, so they feel like they need to get their political opinions off their chest, but for us it's almost every show we go to. Maybe they do it every night of the tour, but I get the feeling like they do more when they're here. And even though I don't disagree with most of the things they're saying, I get a little tired of hearing it. Shockingly Springsteen was a little restrained when he played the Verizon Center some months ago. He made some really nice statements about the vets from Walter Reed who were at the show.

yeah, in texas everyone talks about the heat, bbq, and grackles. a lot of people say stuff like, "this is the best crowd we've played to in a long time!" even though you're always pretty sure that they say that at every show.

i would probably comment on the altitude in colorado too! i went to see a show in aspen a couple of years ago and i thought i was going to die! although, the band i was seeing didn't even mention it :lol

I just returned from a Colin Meloy (of The Decemberists) concert and he made a big deal about the altitude in Boulder, CO.

Aw, dammit, I totally forgot Colin was in Boulder last night! I've seen the Decemberists like 3 times in the past year and a half, but really wanted to catch that one. Hope it was great.

I really do understand the altitude comments in CO, but you're right, it gets annoying when EVERY band you see talks about it...

Aw, dammit, I totally forgot Colin was in Boulder last night! I've seen the Decemberists like 3 times in the past year and a half, but really wanted to catch that one. Hope it was great.

It was a good show. The music was alright, but entertaining.