• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry I'm late on this Kate, I've been without service.

I am so very sorry for you and Emily. I know you and Graham will help Em get through this and he will help you. I think it is SO great that your ex's family let you be a part of this very difficult process.

:hug

I just got home from an evening with Brad's family going through old family photos and picking out ones for the service. I am so pleased and honored that his family has included me in all of this process.

Some flowers showed up on our doorstep today. Hmmmmm...... I think I know where they came from. :shifty Thank you so much Robin and Jen. They are so lovely and are in on Emily's dresser in a vase that came with some flowers Brad gave her for Valentines a couple years ago.

You're very welcome. It was all Jen's idea. She's on the stick with this stuff.

I'm also glad that Brad's family has involved you so much. I know that means so much to you, and your support has got to be a huge help to them right now.

I knew we had flowers coming from you guys - so when some showed up yesterday with no tag, I thought that's who they were from. Turns out, a woman from our church left them on our doorstep last night. :) Today, your flowers arrived and they are just beauuuuutiful!! Now, Emily has TWO big bouquets in her room along with a giant stuffed puppy dog and a blanket her grandma (Brad's mom) made for her.

I wanted to post the info about the funeral here just in case anyone wanted to send flowers or donations. I am certainly not soliciting anything, but have had people ask me about it. So, I wanted to leave it here.

The service is this Saturday at 2pm at

Leonard Memorial Home

565 Duane Street

Glen Ellyn, IL 60137

(Brad Cassidy funeral)

Brad's mom is asking for donations in lieu of flowers to:

Bicycle Works St. Louis

4102 Shenandoah Ave.

St. Louis, Missouri 63110

www.stlbikeworks.com

This is a non-profit organization that teaches kids how to repair and build bikes and they earn their own bikes from working in the shop. It is a wonderful organization.

I spent most of the day at the funeral home and it's been a long day. Brad's brother got in this afternoon, so I may go see him for a bit tonight. We are cleaning out Brad's apartment tomorrow and the service is Saturday. He will be cremated sometime next week - Monday/Tuesday maybe.

Thanks again for everyone who has shown us such love.

:cheekkiss

there was a request for a picture of Brad. His sister just sent this to me. It is from a few years ago, but is Brad in his healthier, happier days doing a Tai Chi pose and being silly. He LOVED Tai Chi.

2457895361_8ddaf3f85c.jpg

That's a beautiful photo, Kate. Em really is the spitting image of him. She got the best of both of you.