Andrew Bird on recording at the Wilco Loft

More please?

I could spend all day reading this kind of stuff from Andrew Bird. Or other artists. But Andrew writes beautifully and it's fascinating to me hearing his thoughts on his creative process. In the Wilco loft no less!

More please?

I could spend all day reading this kind of stuff from Andrew Bird. Or other artists. But Andrew writes beautifully and it's fascinating to me hearing his thoughts on his creative process. In the Wilco loft no less!

No shit, I could of gone on for hours!

Good material.

I see a new record label in the works for Chicago!

A great read indeed. Very cool. I love reading that kind of stuff. Andrew Bird is one of those musicians whose record I put on and everyone is like, "Why haven't heard of this guy -- he's fabulous."

The musician in me loves reading this kind of stuff, especially when it's an artist I respect.

Though I must admit that reading about modern recordings in general leaves me cold. Everything seems so calculated and cerebral these days. I miss the days of massive microphone bleeding, and limited number of tracks, and no cutting and pasting, or drum loops, and people just going for a feel and sound without spending weeks on drum and guitar sounds. The technology has certainly improved but the records haven't for the most part.