Want to see KT Tunstall in Chicago?

Well that song does get annoying...especially since it was so overplayed.

I like her music but I don't listen to it constantly...i have to be in the right mood. But I like the style, although it's getting a bit annoying how many female artists there are RIGHT NOW that all sound the same. I have a list going with a friend on this, and we keep emailing as we discover more of them. But if you live in Chicago...it's free you should check it out and let me know what you think of her other work. I'd be interested to hear.

she does that song about a horse and a cherry tree?

quite possibly the worst song i've ever heard

is her other stuff less crappy?

That would be my question too. XRT has played the living shit out of it for so long.....(they haven't done MMJ any favors either....)

LouieB

That would be my question too. XRT has played the living shit out of it for so long.....(they haven't done MMJ any favors either....)

LouieB

She has that other annoying song too. Suddenly I See. It would take roughly $1,000 for me to go willingly to that show.

There aren't a lot of artists who annoy me more right now.

I've only heard the few things that have been on the radio, but she sounds like one of those artists that some record company has decided to shove down our throats, like it or not. I'm betting she tested really well in focus groups.

Kind of like Jason Mraz.

There aren't a lot of artists who annoy me more right now.

I've only heard the few things that have been on the radio, but she sounds like one of those artists that some record company has decided to shove down our throats, like it or not. I'm betting she tested really well in focus groups.

Kind of like Jason Mraz.

it's physically impossible to listen to Jason Mraz without vomiting.

Tunstall may be worse

LouieB

XRT has been shoving the Bodeans down Chicagos throat for over a decade. I'll never understand why.

XRT has been shoving the Bodeans down Chicagos throat for over a decade. I'll never understand why.

My dad and step mom love the Bodeans. I've never understood the attraction: their songwriting is totally average. I've been told by my dad that they're spectacular live and this is from a guy who says the same about Wilco so...yeah. I'm not sold on 'em though.

My dad and step mom love the Bodeans. I've never understood the attraction: their songwriting is totally average. I've been told by my dad that they're spectacular live and this is from a guy who says the same about Wilco so...yeah. I'm not sold on 'em though.

XRT trots them out every so often for free shows. I've had the unfortunate experience to see them live once or twice. One time was memorable......when Earth Day returned in (90?), they played in a field in Lincoln Park. Some guy in a business suit attempted to burn an American flag and was promptly trounced by some Earth Day fest attendees.

XRT trots them out every so often for free shows. I've had the unfortunate experience to see them live once or twice. One time was memorable......when Earth Day returned in (90?), they played in a field in Lincoln Park. Some guy in a business suit attempted to burn an American flag and was promptly trounced by some Earth Day fest attendees.
I believe I showed up at that show at some point. I forget who I tried to see, although it might have been Michelle Shocked.

The BoDeans are a typical XRT band, slightly bland, not too bad. and totally inoffensive.

LouieB

I don't mind "Suddenly I See." Nothing wrong with a little unassuming pop song. Of course, it hasn't been shoved down my throat but, really, that wouldn't make me hate her or the song. Not her fault.

I believe I showed up at that show at some point. I forget who I tried to see, although it might have been Michelle Shocked.

The BoDeans are a typical XRT band, slightly bland, not too bad. and totally inoffensive.

LouieB

Was Shocked playing that day? I'm surprised I dont remember her playing. The timing was right, she was kinda big back then. Maybe I didnt hang out for her part of the show. I suspect that there was a weed fest happening further north in the park that drew us up that way and after that, the Art Institute. Ahhh...to be young, dumb and without ANY responsibilities.....