Favorite album(s) by....

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some great songs on that collection - I am rather fond of Seven Curses.

Indeed. Angelina and Blind Willie McTell are two of my favorite Dylan tunes, and I'd never heard them until that boxset came out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What is with Dylan's drummers and film/video cameras?

First, Mickey Jones puts his films up for sale.

And now, Winston is doing the same thing.

Drummer Winston Watson performed 400 shows with Bob Dylan over five years, traveling the world 10 times over. Watson energized Dylan fans and Bob Dylan himself with his joyful and dynamic drumming style, as he helped launch Dylan's "Never Ending Tour" in 1992 that continues to this day.

Winston Watson chronicled his incredible 5-year journey with Bob Dylan in daily personal diaries and in home video footage with his Video 8 camera. Now Watson shares it all in a never-before-told insider account, revealing behind-the-scenes details of the thrilling and challenging journey as drummer for the legendary Bob Dylan. A skilled storyteller, Watson paints an intimate portrait of Bob Dylan's band, life on tour, Dylan's music, and the mercurial, brilliant Bob Dylan himself.

Listened to Highway 61 Revisited yesterday and was reminded of what a freaking masterpiece it is . . .

It may be a perfect album. Absolutely love it.

I just picked up a vinyl copy of Blonde On Blonde at a thrift store for $1. The records are mint. I am excited.

And that's amazing! You should play the Lotto or craps.

Listened to Highway 61 Revisited yesterday and was reminded of what a freaking masterpiece it is . . .

i've never liked Ballad of a thin man, but apart from that - PERFECT!. he should have shoved Can you please crawl out your window in the place of Ballad and it will be perfect, IMO

Guest Gym Teacher Man
New Morning

then...

Planet Waves

Nashville Skyline

Blood on the Tracks

Time Out of Mind

Highway 61 Revisited

I think my new list is...

Planet Waves

Time Out of Mind

Bringing It All Back Home

Nashville Skyline

New Morning

Blood on the Tracks

Highway 61

Blonde on Blonde

And that's amazing! You should play the Lotto or craps.

I followed it up with scratch tickets. :hmm

Drummer Winston Watson performed 400 shows with Bob Dylan over five years, traveling the world 10 times over. Watson energized Dylan fans and Bob Dylan himself with his joyful and dynamic drumming style, as he helped launch Dylan's "Never Ending Tour" in 1992 that continues to this day.

Bob himself says the Never Ending Tour ended - people seem to hang on his every word, why not this?

by the way, don't be bewildered by the Never Ending Tour chatter. there was a Never Ending Tour but it ended in '91 with the departure of guitarist G.E. Smith. that one's long gone but there have been many others since then. The Money Never Runs Out Tour (fall of '91) Southern Sympathizer Tour (early '92) Why Do You Look At Me So Strangley Tour (European '92) The One Sad Cry of Pity Tour (Australia & West Coast America '92) Principles Of Action Tour (Mexico -- South American '92) Outburst Of Consciousness Tour ('92) Don't Let Your Deal Go Down Tour('93) & others too many to mention each with their own character & design. to know which was which consult the playlists.

http://www.bobdylan.com/#/music/world-gone-wrong

I followed it up with scratch tickets. :hmm

Bob himself says the Never Ending Tour ended - people seem to hang on his every word, why not this?

http://www.bobdylan.com/#/music/world-gone-wrong

Fans know better than to take the word of the artist as truth. That's what I have always heard the tour called. Plus it helps these guys sell their dvds.

Perhaps this belongs in the blasphemy thread, but my favorite Dylan albums are:

This is most assuredly blasphemy here, but I wouldn't rank Blood on the Tracks in my top 10. The rest shift in precedence. BOTT has it's moments, but I think it gets a bit more credit than deserved. It's certainly one of his most accessible albums.

What is with Dylan's drummers and film/video cameras?

First, Mickey Jones puts his films up for sale.

And now, Winston is doing the same thing.

Someone gave me a copy of Jones' DVD for a present. I don't think I made it through the first half.

Today, I found a Rolling Stone from the summer of 1986 at the laundromat with Dylan/Petty on the cover (in pristine condition), and, also, there is a link to a video today on Expecting rain from that very tour.

There was a concert video -- dunno if it was released, my foggy memory is that it was an HBO-only deal, but there was a great one of Dylan with Petty and Co. All I have left is a grainy VHS but it was awesome.

There was a concert video -- dunno if it was released, my foggy memory is that it was an HBO-only deal, but there was a great one of Dylan with Petty and Co. All I have left is a grainy VHS but it was awesome.

From Australia, right?

This is most assuredly blasphemy here, but I wouldn't rank Blood on the Tracks in my top 10. The rest shift in precedence. BOTT has it's moments, but I think it gets a bit more credit than deserved. It's certainly one of his most accessible albums.

Someone gave me a copy of Jones' DVD for a present. I don't think I made it through the first half.

They are silent - with dubbed music. Is that correct?

Indeed. It's been a while since I watched it; I thought there was no crowd shots at all on the video, but the youtube clip does show a long shot.

They are silent - with dubbed music. Is that correct?

Yes. And lots of inane banter from Jones, trying to pump up the enormity of the footage.

i've never liked Ballad of a thin man, but apart from that - PERFECT!. he should have shoved Can you please crawl out your window in the place of Ballad and it will be perfect, IMO

The heat down there has made you slightly deranged, Mr. Frog. Thin Man is one of my top 5 all-time Dylan tunes.

The other guy has Highway 61 Revisited (various former Dylan band members) doing a soundtrack. I would think Bob is not to happy about those deals. The very first issue of Mojo magazine I bought has a big feature about the 1966 UK tour. One of the stories goes on about Mickey buying and unfurling a Nazi flag on the street - this did not go over so well with the people who were around at the moment.