How long is opening band playing?

I am attending tonight's show in St. Louis. I was wondering approximately how long the opening band is playing and how long until Wilco goes on...I'm rushing from another appointment to get to see Wilco. The opening band is supposed to start at 8pm.

Thanks. John

They only played about 30 minutes last night (but there was a strict curfew so everything was pretty much right on time, etc.).

How long was it between the opening band going off and Wilco going on? Thanks for your replies! John

How long was it between the opening band going off and Wilco going on? Thanks for your replies! John

Usually about a half hour.

Good luck making it in time!

We will be dealing with the same crunch for time for the Friday show.

It seemed like a relatively quick time from when the opener left the stage until when Wilco came on, at least compared to a lot of shows. At most it seemed like a half hour in between. Possibly a little less though. I thought Retribution Gospel Choir maybe played a bit longer than thirty minutes, but close enough. The sheduled start of the show was seven and wilco was on stage by 8:15 or 8:20 if that helps.

It seemed like a relatively quick time from when the opener left the stage until when Wilco came on, at least compared to a lot of shows.

Yeah, Wilco waste's no time taking the stage after the opener. I found that out the hard way standing in a long line for beer.

I think they actually played for about 40-45 minutes in Albuquerque.

Yup! I remember, I waited a few minutes after their set ended to go to the washroom and the clock said, "8:44".

They played for 43 of the longest minutes of my life. I wasn't a fan of them. I considering throwing a beer bottle when they sang the line "Everyone loves power. Everyone loves cake".

Wilco took the stage 20 minutes later.

They played for 43 of the longest minutes of my life. I wasn't a fan of them. I considering throwing a beer bottle when they sang the line "Everyone loves power. Everyone loves cake".

Wilco took the stage 20 minutes later.

Dude I should have thrown my empty Smirnoffs bottle..I have good aim and we were RIGHT there.

Seriously...we should have gotten Three Dollars' earplugs out to begin with....I was tired and they were making me sleepy and annoyed..and you could hear EVERYONE talking behind us....plus they didn't even engage anyone..they just stared at their instruments!

I don't know how we will cope with 2 more nights....i'm considering buying a booklight and bringing a book to read during their time!

I don't know how we will cope with 2 more nights....i'm considering buying a booklight and bringing a book to read during their time!

I told Brian that I'm wearing earplugs during their sets. If I'm going to make myself deaf, I'd rather do it with music I like.

I didn't think Retribution Gospel Choir were that bad. I enjoyed them, but I can see where some people couldn't really get into them. And they did sort of act like they were playing alone in their garage in the sense that I think they really thought they were the only people in the whole room. But overall I have seen worse bands.

At least you guys got to enjoy alcohol at your shows. The show in New Mexico only had coffee.