Wilco song in new movie War,Inc. ?

Hello everyone,

Well, John Cusack's new movie is already out in 2 cities as of now. NY and LA. Actually, it's only in 2 theaters total.

It expands to Boston, San Francisco, DC, and Chicago on June 13th.

www.myspace.com/johncusack

According to John Cusack's myspace page (hey, he updates it with video diaries), Wilco & Billy Bragg's Blood Of The Lamb is on the soundtrack.

Along with Ray Davies' The Tourist and David Bowie's Sorrow.

Here is what this site has to say about the movie. It sounds terrific.

"In an effort to monopolize the opportunities the war-torn nation offers, Tamerlane hires a troubled hit-man HAUSER, who suppresses his emotions by chugging shots of hot sauce, to kill a Middle East oil minister. Now the assassin, struggling with his own growing demons, must pose as the corporation's trade show producer in order to pull off this latest hit, all the while maintaining his cover by organizing the high-profile wedding of YONICA BABYYEAH, an outrageous Middle Eastern pop star and keeping a sexy left-wing reporter NATALIE HEGALHUZEN in check.

This audaciously funny and surprisingly poignant film written by Mark Leyner, Jeremy Pikser and producer/star John Cusack, also stars Hilary Duff, Marisa Tomei, Joan Cusack, Dan Aykroyd and Ben Kingsley."

That's all,

Kristofor

My guess was that it was going to be "War on War."

Blood of the Lamb is actually my profile song on Myspace right now. I added it a few days ago...I think maybe I am psychic? :huh

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

Blood Of The Lamb is indeed in War, Inc. It is featured in one of the most serious scenes and adds such a dark and somber mood that it was a perfect choice.

There's about 2 minutes of it and it is about 80 % upfront in the sound mix. There's a little bit where Joan Cusack talks over it but you can still hear it.

Anyways, the film was absolutely terrific and packed with all kinds of ideas and tone shifts to make your head spin.

I want to run back to Boston to see it again.

Thanks,

Kristofor

PS Sadly Tweedy's name was spelled wrong in the credits....as "Tweedie".

Oh well.