Whiskey Bender's movie from a few years back is also very fun (despite the original drummer having since dropped out of the group.) The name of it is "Long Way Around, One Badass Year with Two Cow Garage". If you google this I am sure you can find out how to purchase it.

They are road warriors and will hopefully show up some time soon.

LouieB

They are road warriors and will hopefully show up some time soon.

LouieB

Truer words never spoken. Did anyone catch any of the THIS is American Music dates? I can't recall ever having more fun at a show. Good times!

Truer words never spoken. Did anyone catch any of the THIS is American Music dates? I can't recall ever having more fun at a show. Good times!
OMG to use a stupid internet expression. I attended the night at the Hideout and I totally concur; it was not only fun (maybe not the best music I ever saw them play) but it was like a big fucking party with the bands hanging out and talking to them (having a few drinks with them) and rockin and rollin. I had not expected them to all play together and that kind of stuff, but what a special time.

Hopefully this kind of tour will occur again and we can document that as well for GloNo and Whiskey Bender. What a great time.

LouieB

Louie, our eerily similar concertgoing patterns freak me out a little bit sometimes! :lol

I also attended that Hideout TIAM show, and the show the following night up in Milwaukee. Good Lord, it was fun, Springsteen singalongs and all. I caught the TIAM show down at SXSW too. Love those guys! :wub

Louie, our eerily similar concertgoing patterns freak me out a little bit sometimes! :lol

I also attended that Hideout TIAM show, and the show the following night up in Milwaukee. Good Lord, it was fun, Springsteen singalongs and all. I caught the TIAM show down at SXSW too. Love those guys! :wub

Jeez have we met?? I really wanted to do the Milwaukee show as well, but rarely travel for shows so I didn't or had something else to do or something..

Yea, they are nice guys on top of it. Anymore I find it more fun to check out bands that are making the circuit, since they are less of a hassle to see and genuinely like meeting fans and appreciate our support (not that Wilco doesn't but it is sort of a different experience.) TG dragged me to see a band called Kentucky Nightmare from Bloomington, IN the other night at the South Union space. They were doing a short tour with a band from Brooklyn who were also quite good. We ended up talking to both and getting their CDs, (and if the one guy didn't stop calling me sir I was gonna kick him), and it is just so nice to see young musicians, who play well and sound great trying to make it. Sadly there isn't enough room for everyone to make it big, but at least if these kind of bands can stay on the road (as long as gas prices don't send them back to day jobs) they will have all kinds of stories to tell their grand kids.

LouieB