Wilco review, Auckland, Bruce Mason Centre,April 2008

This review is from the May 08 issue of Real Groove magazine

By Grant McAllum

'...Despite the almost unanimous uncritical praise from all those worshiping at the altar of Jeff Tweedy and his latest crew of hired guns, I found his condescending attitude and jam-band infected indulgences tedious to the point of unbearable.

An occasional glimpse of light was to be had when original comrade in arms, bass player/ singer John Stirratt, would step up to the mic and lock in some seamless harmony. The rest of the time we had to endure endless effects-soaked guitar histrionics from Nels Cline, who may as well have been playing in front of the mirror in his bedroom for all the notice he seemed to take of what everyone else was doing, and supposedly hilarious and knowing mid-song banter from Tweedy.

This show was so fucking pretentious that it's ruined my love of Wilco and I can't listen to them anymore. That's damn sad.'

This review is from the May 08 issue of Real Groove magazine

By Grant McAllum

'...Despite the almost unanimous uncritical praise from all those worshiping at the altar of Jeff Tweedy and his latest crew of hired guns, I found his condescending attitude and jam-band infected indulgences tedious to the point of unbearable.

An occasional glimpse of light was to be had when original comrade in arms, bass player/ singer John Stirratt, would step up to the mic and lock in some seamless harmony. The rest of the time we had to endure endless effects-soaked guitar histrionics from Nels Cline, who may as well have been playing in front of the mirror in his bedroom for all the notice he seemed to take of what everyone else was doing, and supposedly hilarious and knowing mid-song banter from Tweedy.

This show was so fucking pretentious that it's ruined my love of Wilco and I can't listen to them anymore. That's damn sad.'

Probably a good description of the reviewer