So what do you do with things that have expiration dates?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do?

• Throw it out no matter what after it expires
    • Use it anyway after it expires
    • Use it for a certain amount of time after it expires

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a few years ago my brother mailed box for Christmas. We set it under the tree and a week later opened it to find it was several pkgs of cheese. The cold pack had long since melted, but the cheese was ok. We kept it in the fridge and ate it well into the new year.

a few years ago my brother mailed box for Christmas. We set it under the tree and a week later opened it to find it was several pkgs of cheese. The cold pack had long since melted, but the cheese was ok. We kept it in the fridge and ate it well into the new year.

Good news!

Edit: See, Flick.

Can I eat cheese that has gotten a little warm in shipping?

I prefer cheese that's a little warm. When i went to Spain, the grocers there didn't care as much about refrigeration and I took a liking to it like that. It was like sweaty and gooey. And that description will now turn off everybody from warm cheese. :stunned

Raw milk is good for you if the process is done correctly. Babies, too. Any milk is bad for you if contaminated.

Also, meat is injected w/ nasty shit to keep its color. It is rare (haha) to see meat turning brown in the cold case any more.

I prefer cheese that's a little warm. When i went to Spain, the grocers there didn't care as much about refrigeration and I took a liking to it like that. It was like sweaty and gooey. And that description will now turn off everybody from warm cheese. :stunned

Not all the cheese need refrigeration.Some cheese,like "manchego" needs moderate temperature to drop the fat.Cottage cheese or blue cheese need cold,but other cheese will lose the flavour in the fridge,so remove a little the mold and enjoy :thumbup

As many has stated medications lose potency, no news here. As a last year pharmacy student I like to advice people to turn in "expired" pharmaceuticals into a local pharmacy for proper destroying. Especially true for antibiotics, and pain meds (vicodin, dilaudid, oxycodone etc) with the antibiotics, you're asking to develop antibiotic resistance when you take half the bottle and save the rest for later. with the pain meds if you have kids in the house hold you're just asking for a bad situation.

Hi,I