Although I will miss Quine's presence, the fact that he's still using, Menck, Leisz, Lloyd, and Julian has me very excited to hear this bad boy. One of the best backing bands in rock today. Nice.

• 4 months later...

Has anybody seen Matthew Sweet on this current tour? He's coming to my neck of the woods next week and I'm on the fence about whether to go. I'm not a huge fan, but I like the "hits" quite a bit and if he's got a good band with him, I'd probably check it out. I've not heard any buzz so far...

He's gonna play live on the air today at WXRT sometime between now and 12 noon.

There's a live stream over there somewhere.

Those of you in Chicagoland could help me out with this: is it typical for XRT to advertise Matthew Sweet playing "live on air at noon" and it be 12:44 and he's still not playing?

Perhaps this is what I get for trying to tune into 90's promotional concepts in an increasingly digital world...

these commercials are killing me

i saw mathew sweet play to promote "under the covers". he's got the pipes, fo sho. and greg leisz played with him then. i'm sure that greg will turn up at the l.a. gig, b/c he's always popping in on shows. don't know if he's part of the touring group, tho.

still haven't heard the new record. any word?