What were these girls thinking in this day and age.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was in HS, there was no Sex Ed what so ever - and, there is probably not now, either. They do, however, have a bible class there.

I was actually pregnant for my first child when I started sex ed and our teacher looked at me and another girl who was pregnant and said well I don't think you two need this class, oh ha ha. My mother would not even say the word sex let alone talk to us about it. She handed me some red books called the Cycle of Life that she received when she had my brother, I guess that is how we were to learn about it.

I never could go to her and tell her I was sexually active she would have slapped me into next year, and would have made me go to confession. So I have always been open with my children, we have told them if they are sexually active or they think the might want to have sex, they could come to us so we could get the protection they need.

Two of my three children to not even want to have kids, and the one who does has a semester left in college and a career to find before she has one.

You must have grown up in a different 70s than I did.

My parents were young and idealistic. I think they thought that if I had easy access to Playboy (not Penthouse, though; my dad always hid those) I wouldn't be fascinated by its taboo.

My parents were young and idealistic. I think they thought that if I had easy access to Playboy (not Penthouse, though; my dad always hid those) I wouldn't be fascinated by its taboo.

Swingtown?

I've met homeless guys in their twenties who managed to play it as a "cool" thing. They are grungy punkish guys who like to complain about capitalism and refuse to conform to this whole "personal hygiene" thing. Other activities include crashing on people's (suckers who work to pay rent) couches, drinking everyone else's booze, smoking everyone else's cigarettes and screwing teenage girls who are flattered that an older guy wants to bang them.

Outside of the personal hygiene part and with greater emphasis on the teenage girls part, this kind of sounds like the life for me. A modern viking.

Oh, and I'm glad to see that whole abstinence only thing really powering through to great success.

"We live in the kind of district where everybody works very hard to give the appearance that everything is perfect," she said.

:lol Nice try, you dumb bitch. "Oh, we work so hard to make things appear idyllic that we don't notice our kids screwing in the living room."

Swingtown?

Not that I know of. Maybe when I was sleeping over somebody else's house.

Not that I know of. Maybe when I was sleeping over somebody else's house.

Joke - In that show, a bunch of kids look at such things - and the dad does not bust on them. That's what I was thinking of.