What were these girls thinking in this day and age.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My daughter informed me at the beginning of the school year last year there were 29 girls pregnant in a highschool of about 500 students, so I guess it is everywhere. It is like an epidemic or something. With the way the world is now I just don't understand why they would do this to themselves.

I always figured the logic goes something like, "Nobody loves me, so I will create someone who will automatically love me."

I always figured the logic goes something like, "Nobody loves me, so I will create someone who will automatically love me."

Yeah, until they're teenagers. Then they say "wow mom/dad, you're really a bitch/dick".

I'm glad I have no kids... that I know of :flirt

Yeah but I know numerous girls who are pregnant and are keeping them. I blame Britney Spears' sister as well.

The superintendent said they have been reluctant to identify the fathers, many of whom are older. But one of them "is a 24-year-old homeless guy," the principal was quoted as telling Time.

A 24-year old homeless guy. I hope that's true. Because if it is, its freaking hilarious.

the local hospital's refusal to support a proposal to distribute contraceptives to youngsters at the school without parental consent

Yay Catholicism!

What high school girl would sleep with a homeless man?! I'm only 21 but man, things have changed since I finished school, that's for sure.

I just wonder if the hospital refused the idea of handing out contraceptives to the students without parents knowing because it could cause a lawsuit. The only place I know that gives out birth control without a parents consent is Family Planned Parenthood.

From the local paper:

Gloucester officials question pregnancy 'pact'

By Patrick Anderson

Staff writer

June 20, 2008 09:57 pm

The point isn't that they didn't have acess to birth control, the point is that they want to get pregnant.

I was making a statement about the hospital's refusal to supply teens with contraceptives, and how most of America needs to get past that kind of Puritan thinking.

I was making a statement about the hospital's refusal to supply teens with contraceptives, and how most of America needs to get past that kind of Puritan thinking.

The hospital didn't just refuse to supply teens with contraceptives, they refused to supply teens with contraceptives without those teens' parents' permission. That's an important distinction, I think, and nothing in the article suggested that the hospital's position stemmed from Catholic values. A lot of Catholics do live in that area of the Northeast, however.

I was aware of the distinction. I still see it as ass-backwards thinking.

Kids are gonna screw, with or without their parent's permission. They should have some access to protection.

What high school girl would sleep with a homeless man?!
I've met homeless guys in their twenties who managed to play it as a "cool" thing. They are grungy punkish guys who like to complain about capitalism and refuse to conform to this whole "personal hygiene" thing. Other activities include crashing on people's (suckers who work to pay rent) couches, drinking everyone else's booze, smoking everyone else's cigarettes and screwing teenage girls who are flattered that an older guy wants to bang them.
I was aware of the distinction. I still see it as ass-backwards thinking.

Kids are gonna screw, with or without their parent's permission. They should have some access to protection.

CVS is headquartered in Cranston, Rhode Island, about an hour away by car. I bet they have some stores in Gloucester, too. Last time I checked, CVS has a rather large selection of condoms available for purchase, and as far as I know, sale of condoms is not age-restricted. They have access to as many condoms as they want/need.

Kids are gonna ride bikes and rollerblade and skateboard and participate in all sorts of semi-hazardous activities, with or without their parents' permission. It is not anyone's responsibility to provide safety equipment to kids gratis or without the knowledge and consent of the parents. The schools provide health education (presumably with the support and/or participation of the health clinic), not free rubbers.

Kids are gonna ride bikes and rollerblade and skateboard and participate in all sorts of semi-hazardous activities, with or without their parents' permission. It is not anyone's responsibility to provide safety equipment to kids gratis or without the knowledge and consent of the parents.

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. Not that I don't get your point, but its ridiculous.

If some teenager falls off their skateboard and bashes their head, they suffer.

If some teenager has a child out of wedlock with absolutely no idea how to raise the child, the world suffers.

So there is a difference.

I've met homeless guys in their twenties who managed to play it as a "cool" thing. They are grungy punkish guys who like to complain about capitalism and refuse to conform to this whole "personal hygiene" thing. Other activities include crashing on people's (suckers who work to pay rent) couches, drinking everyone else's booze, smoking everyone else's cigarettes and screwing teenage girls who are flattered that an older guy wants to bang them.

My thoughts exactly. For some reason, I doubt the fella fit the description of what you would traditionally refer to as a homeless person. But since it makes a great story, the media will not make that distinction.

Couch Surfer

One who defeats homelessness by relying upon a series of friends' couches. A friend or acquaintance who frequently crashes at your house. Can be due to inability to pay his own rent, frequent and/or persistent intoxication, or reluctance to return to his own dwelling.