White House Refused to Open Pollutants E-Mail

How can you look at yourself in the mirror?

it isn't easy. my mirror's getting kind of tired and recalcitrant.

but hey, at least i question myself, even in public.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cousin Tupelo
it isn't easy. my mirror's getting kind of tired and recalcitrant.

Windex does a great job on recalcitrant mirrors. And no streaking!

i didn't nominate them, and hey, let's face it: the commander and his ship are a disaster. they should have been ousted years ago. and if you take a long hard

look -- or even a short easy look -- the signs were there very early on. i more than understand that it's easier for a person like "jules" to throw unthinking crap

at people on a message board who can't stand what's happened to our country than it is to actually look at it and try to do something constructive to salvage the mess,

but you know, to your pal: please consider growing up. even a little bit might help, ya never know.

:lol :peace

So, "How can you look at yourself in the mirror?" is constructive?

I think Gore and Kerry are both very admirable bright men.

I'm sure you do. Gore must be pretty bright to be able to pull off this whole global warming rockstar thing all while running up the electric bill of 20 households. It's pretty bad when the evil Republican President whose in the pocket of Big Oil has a more environmentally friendly house than the Nobel Prize-winning environmentalist.

I can understand your response, it must be horrible having to deal with the guilt that you put the switch in the hands of a man who's killed more than 100,000 innocent Iraqis, who tortured the innocent with the guilty, detroyed through his incompetence and inaction the lives of thousands in the Gulf, who in the name of big business gutted our environmental policies, who ran roughshod over international law.

Wait, are you talking about Bush or Saddam?

Guest Cousin Tupelo
I can understand your response, it must be horrible having to deal with the guilt that you put the switch in the hands of a man who's killed more than 100,000 innocent Iraqis, who tortured the innocent with the guilty, detroyed through his incompetence and inaction the lives of thousands in the Gulf, who in the name of big business gutted our environmental policies, who ran roughshod over international law.
Wait, are you talking about Bush or Saddam?

Well I would have to be talking about Bush. Saddam was executed for such atrocities. Bush, God knows why, still has people supporting his reign of terror.

Guest Jules

The only thing is, these attacks played much better in the post 9/11 when anyone questioned his policies. Now your attacks ring as hollow as the space between Dubya's ears.

Everything that Kerry said has transpired. Everything that Gore said has transpired -- and worse and faster, regarding the "Inconvenient Truth." It's not these two men's shortcomings, its all the people who ignored the warnings and gave Bush and Cheney, Rumsfeld and Rice another four years.

I don't blame you, I can only sympathize with your plight. Perhaps counseling?

Does it keep you up nights? Do you ever envison the motherless children, the grief of those who lost loved ones needlessly? Knowing that a good portion of that $4 a gallon goes right into the pockets of the Bushes?

I see someone who typed an awful truth that ALL of us have to live with, whether we voted for Bush or not.

Have a nice day. And cheer up. It will get worse, there's a whole six months more.

I'm fine, thanks. Slept great last night. Enjoying my cup of Starbucks in my nice air-conditioned office in the suburbs.

The rest of your garbage doesn't even merit a sarcastic response.

Guest Cousin Tupelo
I'm fine, thanks. Slept great last night. Enjoying my cup of Starbucks in my nice air-conditioned office in the suburbs.

The rest of your garbage doesn't even merit a sarcastic response.

My mistake, I thought there was a person there wishing to engage in debate, rather than merely slinging poo like a monkey in a zoo. I take any further comments from you with the same Sam's Club-sized grain of salt.

Your response begs my argument, and my concern.

:rotfl This thread rules!

P.S. I voted for Bush and it may just be my vanity but I have no problem looking into a mirror.

Guest Jules
My mistake, I thought there was a person there wishing to engage in debate, rather than merely slinging poo like a monkey in a zoo. I take any further comments from you with the same Sam's Club-sized grain of salt.

Your response begs my argument, and my concern.

OK.

I'm sure you do. Gore must be pretty bright to be able to pull off this whole global warming rockstar thing all while running up the electric bill of 20 households. It's pretty bad when the evil Republican President whose in the pocket of Big Oil has a more environmentally friendly house than the Nobel Prize-winning environmentalist.

Though Gore

Guest Cousin Tupelo
Seriously. Fucking stupid stuff in this thread. God damn...

Thanks for your reasoned response in advancing the debate.

For the record I'm not bragging about voting for Bush, he is a douche bag for sure.

Unfortunately the opposition saw fit to nominate two even bigger douche bags to run against him.

the lesser of two evils and all that.

I'm not sure I've seen anyone brag about having voted for Bush, just those responding to others condemning them for it.

I don't give a shit what you think. They should be condemned.

So, "How can you look at yourself in the mirror?" is constructive?

um, what are you talking about? i haven't asked the mirror question of anyone, no, not one person. just had it asked of me by the gentleman caliber.

ask HIM if it's constructive.

Also, back to the subject of this thread, am I wrong for finding it quite absurd that such an important document or communication was handled by e-mail, I mean call me old fashioned but what happened to actual printed reports and delivery by hand and such things.

Aslo, some of you need to calm down.

I don't give a shit what you think. They should be condemned.

:cheekkiss

um, what are you talking about? i haven't asked the mirror question of anyone, no, not one person. just had it asked of me by the gentleman caliber.

ask HIM if it's constructive.

I didn't really ask you that. I was quoting Cousin Tupelo. Ask him.

Guest Cousin Tupelo
I'm not sure I've seen anyone brag about having voted for Bush, just those responding to others condemning them for it.

Admittedly, my original comments were baiting; but then it's hard not to bring the issue up without the bluntness of the question begging argument.

I would, honestly, sincerely like to understand how a reasonable person who voted for Bush deals personally with his presidency and our current state. Obviously the first goal is avoidance, followed by pushing blame elsewhere.

In either party you fight for those issues that are most important to you, and you sort of allow those who you may/may not agree with, but you get the whole package when you choose A over B or B over A.

The reality is, some sort of earnest debate and dealing with the issues in some fashion that is best for the common good -- both U.S. and internationally -- and I just don't see anyone even remotely at that point.

I think the reason why Gore did not outdistance Bush is that some Democrats struggled with some of the negatives of the Clinton campaign (his Lewinsky tryst, unfortunately, getting far more of these misgivings than his real policy flubs). Gore didn't offer them any resolution.

Faint praise for those who decided the election based on those misgivings, but it showed at least an effort to look at the issue head on, with history as a lesson.

Are those who voted for Bush taking that approach? Will they merely stay away, or "stay the course."

Windex does a great job on recalcitrant mirrors. And no streaking!

thanks for the tip, but i'm planning to just cover it with newspapers and call it art.

:shifty

Guest Cousin Tupelo
Unfortunately the opposition saw fit to nominate two even bigger douche bags to run against him.

HEY ... That's "douche bag" and "shit sandwich."