White House Refused to Open Pollutants E-Mail

For those who stomp all over the references to Hitler, just imagine the atrocities Bush could have accomplished if he was competent?

thanks. it's 4:42 a.m. and I'm still up over this post

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ten steps to fascism. Has a familiar ring doesn't it:

1. Invoke a terrifying internal and external enemy.

2. Create secret prisons where torture takes place.

3. Develop a thug caste or paramilitary force not answerable to citizens.

4. Set up an internal surveillance system.

5. Harass citizens' groups.

6. Engage in arbitrary detention and release.

7. Target key individuals.

8. Control the press.

9. Treat all political dissents to be traitors.

10. Suspend the rule of law.

Hitler? yes. Bush/Cheney? Mission accomplished. And this list doesn't even address the corporate cronyism (Mussolini, anyone?). And the FEMA camps. Hmmm.

I'll believe they're leaving when I see them get on the helicopters and head out to set up housekeeping in Dubai. I hope to hell I'm just paranoid, but I have my doubts that the election will even be held.

If the Reichstag is set on fire, you know the fix is in.

Ten steps to fascism. Has a familiar ring doesn't it:

1. Invoke a terrifying internal and external enemy.

2. Create secret prisons where torture takes place.

3. Develop a thug caste or paramilitary force not answerable to citizens.

4. Set up an internal surveillance system.

5. Harass citizens' groups.

6. Engage in arbitrary detention and release.

7. Target key individuals.

8. Control the press.

9. Treat all political dissents to be traitors.

10. Suspend the rule of law.

11. Ban handguns and smoking.

Guest Cousin Tupelo
I'll believe they're leaving when I see them get on the helicopters and head out to set up housekeeping in Dubai. I hope to hell I'm just paranoid, but I have my doubts that the election will even be held.

The real terror is, the election will be held and it won't make any difference.

It will just prove that both parties have erred toward form over substance.

it's likely i'll agree with this, but what do you mean by "form" in a political party (such as democrats)?

Guest Cousin Tupelo
it's likely i'll agree with this, but what do you mean by "form" in a political party (such as democrats)?

Not form in a party but in a candidate. Bush ran on the potential of neoconservatism -- a conservative idealism over a proven candidate with a proven Washington track record.

"Electibility"? Perhaps, in the sense that people are willing to drink the koolaid out of blind faith without seeing if the person is worth the faith.

Guest Jules
I say this not as a dig, but in all honesty: How can anyone who voted for Bush in 2004 -- let alone 2000 -- look at their face in the mirror? The depths of the horror of this administration couldn't be unexpected but are nonetheless unbelievable.

Pretty easily, you fucking twat.

For those who stomp all over the references to Hitler, just imagine the atrocities Bush could have accomplished if he was competent?

how do you look yourself in the mirror after typing something like this?

oh that's nice.

p.s. thank you for putting and keeping this administration in office.

oh that's nice.

p.s. thank you for putting and keeping this administration in office.

In all fairness, the post he was responding to was pretty ridiculous.

p.s. thanks for nominating two tools to run against Bush, ensuring that he would be elected (or insert talking points about stealing elections or something).

p.s. thanks for nominating two tools to run against Bush, ensuring that he would be elected (or insert talking points about stealing elections or something).

i didn't nominate them, and hey, let's face it: the commander and his ship are a disaster. they should have been ousted years ago. and if you take a long hard

look -- or even a short easy look -- the signs were there very early on. i more than understand that it's easier for a person like "jules" to throw unthinking crap

at people on a message board who can't stand what's happened to our country than it is to actually look at it and try to do something constructive to salvage the mess,

but you know, to your pal: please consider growing up. even a little bit might help, ya never know.

:lol :peace

I think Gore and Kerry are both very admirable bright men.

Yeah. Their only real fault (if you could call it that) was that they didn't have the ol' Slick Willie Charisma.

yes, especially gore, and i'll always regret giving my vote that year to nader. yep, i confess! it was a worthless vote.

worse than worthless, actually. the hindsight thing gets me at least once a day. :frusty

yes, especially gore, and i'll always regret giving my vote that year to nader. yep, i confess! it was a worthless vote.

worse than worthless, actually. the hindsight thing gets me at least once a day. :frusty

How can you look at yourself in the mirror?

How can you look at yourself in the mirror?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I quit looking in the mirror after the infamous "Face-Melting Incident of 1978". :stunned

Guest Cousin Tupelo

I can understand your response, it must be horrible having to deal with the guilt that you put the switch in the hands of a man who's killed more than 100,000 innocent Iraqis, who tortured the innocent with the guilty, detroyed through his incompetence and inaction the lives of thousands in the Gulf, who in the name of big business gutted our environmental policies, who ran roughshod over international law.

The only thing is, these attacks played much better in the post 9/11 when anyone questioned his policies. Now your attacks ring as hollow as the space between Dubya's ears.

Everything that Kerry said has transpired. Everything that Gore said has transpired -- and worse and faster, regarding the "Inconvenient Truth." It's not these two men's shortcomings, its all the people who ignored the warnings and gave Bush and Cheney, Rumsfeld and Rice another four years.

I don't blame you, I can only sympathize with your plight. Perhaps counseling?

Does it keep you up nights? Do you ever envison the motherless children, the grief of those who lost loved ones needlessly? Knowing that a good portion of that $4 a gallon goes right into the pockets of the Bushes?

how do you look yourself in the mirror after typing something like this?

I see someone who typed an awful truth that ALL of us have to live with, whether we voted for Bush or not.

Have a nice day. And cheer up. It will get worse, there's a whole six months more.