I was really enjoying following this year's TDF but the news today that Saunier Duval has withdrawn after Ricco's positive EPO test might be the last straw for me. When Beltran was caught a couple of days ago, the apologists just chalked it up to him being an older rider just trying to make it through the twilight of his career. Then, when the second Spainard from Barloworld was caught, the apologists made the excuse that although the sport is making progess in cleaning out the dopers, the Spanish riders aren't getting the message. Now, the Italian Ricco's positive test, who has won two of the more exciting stages in dramatic fashion and was the leader in the KOM and Young Rider classsifications, will once again prove that cycling is still mired in this horrible problem.

Hopefully someone from Garmin or Columbia can pull out something spectacular and renew my interest in the Tour. Allez VandeVelde.

I was really enjoying following this year's TDF but the news today that Saunier Duval has withdrawn after Ricco's positive EPO test might be the last straw for me. When Beltran was caught a couple of days ago, the apologists just chalked it up to him being an older rider just trying to make it through the twilight of his career. Then, when the second Spainard from Barloworld was caught, the apologists made the excuse that although the sport is making progess in cleaning out the dopers, the Spanish riders aren't getting the message. Now, the Italian Ricco's positive test, who has won two of the more exciting stages in dramatic fashion and was the leader in the KOM and Young Rider classsifications, will once again prove that cycling is still mired in this horrible problem.

Hopefully someone from Garmin or Columbia can pull out something spectacular and renew my interest in the Tour. Allez VandeVelde.

:unsure of all the possible straws in prior years that's the last?

:unsure of all the possible straws in prior years that's the last?

I admit that I bought into Phil Liggett's and Paul Sherwin's party line that this year was going to be different, that the sport was making significant progress in its effort to stop the cheating. I was naive enough to buy the explanation that Beltran was doping in an effort to prolong his career. Maybe my choice of word regarding this being the "last straw" was inartful. I will still watch the TDF for the spectacle and realize that I am probably watching a bunch of cheaters.

I'm just glad that asswipe Al Trautwig isn't part of Le Tour commentary this year. and since I am working while the bikers are toiling, I have been TiVOing it, but honestly it was far more fun the last three summers, to watch it on TV in the mornings and go to the office at noon.

I will still watch the TDF for the spectacle and realize that I am probably watching a bunch of cheaters.

better you should go watch some local race and wave the flag for those guys. it helps grow the sport in a more

organic way and it shows sponsors that their investments are worth it. the athletes probably will appreciate it

more as well. I know I do.

better you should go watch some local race and wave the flag for those guys. it helps grow the sport in a more

organic way and it shows sponsors that their investments are worth it. the athletes probably will appreciate it

more as well. I know I do.

If you ever have a race in SW Michigan, let me know, and I will make sure that I am out by the road to cheer you on. I am serious. :cheers

Sastre made quite the charge yesterday, and it brought him the yellow. Looks like the final time trial may decide the race.

I'm just glad that asswipe Al Trautwig isn't part of Le Tour commentary this year.

Yeah, but in the evenings Versus sticks us with Craig Hummer and Bob Roll, who probably don't have 80 IQ points between them. Utter morons.

I enjoy Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwen, though Sherwen is prone to the occasional inanity. Fortunately, we are usually home early enough to watch the first replay, which still has their commentary. Why Versus thinks the prime-time replay needs those American idiots, I'm not sure.

The father of the Schleck brothers has been pulled over and detained by police, so strap in for another race to

brought to ruins by scandal.

what? that sucks.

edit: from velo news. An official source in Grenoble later said that "no doping products or banned substances" were found during the long search, which took place at Vizille in the Isere region of the Alps...Johnny Schleck was driving a Luxembourg-registered vehicle for one of the advertisers linked to the race.

Yeah, if they were to test and enforce as rigorously as this year they would all be tossed. Most in the sport believe they all do it. Garmin Chipotle has a new process for more transparency (according to Vaughter their director) we'll see how that works.

The opposite of GC is Rock Racing...who hire known dopers, tattoed dudes, and drive cadillacs for support cars. http://www.rockracing.com/

It will take time to change this culture. They either need to all be doping or none be doping to level the field. I would side w/ no doping.