MLB 2008 Part 3, Take 2

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but current MLB rules only allow bats that are made from single piece of wood (not composites and laminates).

Could the constantly breaking single-piece maple bats that injure people and this be enough to change the rule? I suppose that's the question. Seems unlikely, but as the injury count rises for the breaking bats, I can see it changing.

Could the constantly breaking single-piece maple bats that injure people and this be enough to change the rule? I suppose that's the question. Seems unlikely, but as the injury count rises for the breaking bats, I can see it changing.

The simpler solution to that problem is to stop using maple bats.

This will break a lot of people's hearts:

"Jay Mariotti, the opinionated and polarizing sports columnist for the Chicago Sun-Times, has resigned after 17 years with the paper, he told the Tribune on Tuesday night.

"Just back from Beijing, where he covered the Olympics, Mariotti said in a phone interview that he decided to quit after it became clear while in China that sports journalism had become "entirely a Web site business. There were not many newspapers there." He added that most of the journalists covering the Games were "there writing for Web sites." "

This from a guy who covers the Sox by not bothering to ever set foot in the Cell? Seems the Web would be the best place for him.

http://blogs.chicagoreader.com/news-bites/...t-jay-mariotti/

The only thing more apropos is if a house falls on Mariotti. Or someone melts him with a bucket of water.

I laffed out loud! But is he going to stay involved with ESPN because honestly he's such a freaking prick on tv!

Damn, I forgot to tivo.

SHIT! me too! i can at least listen on gameday audio...

edit: oh,, maybe i can talk caliber into going home at lunch to set the tivo machine....

Quite possibly the last BOS/NYY game in The Toilet That Ruth Built tonight!

i'll be happy if it's the last bos/nyy game in 2008, period.

why again are the yanks building a new stadium? i still don't get it.