MLB 2008 Part 3, Take 2

They are going to the playoffs.

what I mean to say is he could blow it in the playoffs. I want the Cubs to go further!

anyhoo, it's just my horny opinion. Wood is too risky as far as I'm concerned. :hmm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so, they should get rid of their closer 3 weeks before the playoffs start?

If he can't close games in the playoffs, what good is he?

anyhoo, it's just my horny opinion. Wood is too risky as far as I'm concerned. :hmm

Your horny opinion would be about wood.

I can only remember Marmol having one short, bad patch -- post All-star break. He's made things interesting a few times, but I think he's been pretty amazing this year.

That was a brutal patch. Overall he has been amazing, but that rough patch had flashes of how he looked last year, which was terrifying.

One year, my favorite team's closer seemed like a disaster. Every time he entered the game, I gritted my teeth, because it was extremely rare that he'd have a 1-2-3 inning -- he usually gave up a hit or two, maybe with a walk thrown in, and possibly some runs. He was my least favorite player on the team, and I frequently complained to a friend of mine that the team should just get rid of him. I think my hair started going gray that year, and he was probably part of the reason.

The year: 1990

The team: Chicago White Sox

The closer: Bobby Thigpen, who just happened to set the MLB record that year with 57 saves, a record that still stands (though K-Rod will probably break it this month).

oh. i thought you might be talking about eric gagne last year with the r. sox.

what I mean to say is he could blow it in the playoffs. I want the Cubs to go further!

oh please. You don't know risky til you've seen Mike Timlin warming up for the Red Sox.

:realmad

Marmol's been just as hot and cold as Wood.

Made for some interesting times Thursday night.

I still don't know what to think about the way they're handling the Cubs-Houston series. Moving it to a neutral site made sense, but someone pointed out this morning that the last thing the Houston players need is to try to play a game elsewhere while wondering whether their family was safe.

A valid case might be made for Manny Delgado as the NL MVP.

That would be a not so good case to make.

Hanley Ramirez is the most valuable player in the national league for this season, for what it's worth. But Albert Pujols will win the NL MVP, and he absolutely should. We might be watching a top 3 hitter of all time with him.

That would be a not so good case to make.

Hanley Ramirez is the most valuable player in the national league for this season, for what it's worth. But Albert Pujols will win the NL MVP, and he absolutely should. We might be watching a top 3 hitter of all time with him.

Watching him the last two nights, I was begging the Cubs to pitch around him. Bases loaded? Tough chit, put him on first.

Gee, I wonder what number K-Rod is gonna wear when he gets signed by the Mets. 57 is already taken.

Gee, I wonder what number K-Rod is gonna wear when he gets signed by the Mets. 57 is already taken.

I dunno, but I can't wait for them to give him a 15 mil a year contract to be a middle of the road closer. Woo!

I dunno, but I can't wait for them to give him a 15 mil a year contract to be a middle of the road closer. Woo!

I better save up for a 1969 Cleon Jones throwback. Team needs money!