MLB 2008 Part 3, Take 2

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad all of this Manny stuff is over, so we can focus on Favre.

The scroll on ESPN2 while I was home on lunch said three things:

-Packers consider trading Favre to NFC North team

-Packers offer Favre $20M to stay retired

-Favre charters plane to Green Bay

:huh

Manny playing for Torre?

:lol

Yeah. I'll be interested to see that dynamic at work. So, does this happen immediately? Basically he heads to LA, and someone packs up his locker? As insane as it all has been, this has to be kind of bittersweet for him.

Yeah. I'll be interested to see that dynamic at work. So, does this happen immediately? Basically he heads to LA, and someone packs up his locker? As insane as it all has been, this has to be kind of bittersweet for him.

I wonder if Papi cried.

In other news, the former Attorney General has landed on his feet back in Washington.

Nationals Acquire Alberto Gonzalez

from MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com by Tim Dierkes

Minor move: the Nationals get shortstop Alberto Gonzalez from the Yankees for minor league pitcher Jhonny Nunez.

I like Jason Bay. This rules.

P.S. I'm gonna miss the mental patient though. RIP.

the team is getting entirely too sober. what's next, pinstripes?

who will provide the character? lugo? i don't think so.

manny has been a jerk the last few days but i'm STILL going to miss him like crazy!

Lame. Really lame. Not as good as what we offered.

Well, now I don't have to take back the Red Sox hat I got for my nephew and start telling him about how great the Yankees are.

Well, now I don't have to take back the Red Sox hat I got for my nephew and start telling him about how great the Yankees are.

Wthout making a trade we added three difference makers to the rotation. Don't get too happy.

Folks on the White Sox board are wondering if two players with 500+ HRs (Thome and Griffey) have ever hit in the same lineup. Figured it had been done with one over 500, and the other over 500 after the other had retired, but not at the same time.

Eddie Matthews and Hank Aaron.

Eddie Matthews and Hank Aaron.

Negative. Looks like Matthews got his 500th homerun in a Houston uniform and I don't think Hank had reached 500 before he left. Question wasn't very clear -- I meant both guys who had already surpassed 500 homeruns batting in the same lineup.