campfIRELAND 2008 Summer tour

Hey, just wanted to post that I'm doing some shows in Ireland over the next couple of weeks with my pals Craig Meyer and Dan Donnelly...

we've got about 10 shows booked over the 13 days (I've got info for 5 of them and will have the rest when we get settled in Dublin). Gonna try to do a bit of blogging at my MySpace page as the merry romp wears on, so wish us luck, and if you happen to be in Ireland, hope you can find the time to perhaps pop in and further perhaps buy me a pint of Guinness as I may not be able to afford more than a pint over the course of the entire trip, what with the weak dollar-to-euro conversion and all ;)

- - - -

August, 6 2008 08:00 PM - The Crane Bar :: Mart & Craig with Dan Donnelly as The Mulberry Trio

Sea Road, Galway, Ireland

August, 7 2008 08:00 PM - The Roisin Dubh :: Mart & Craig with Dan Donnelly as The Mulberry Trio

Galway, Ireland

August, 9 2008 08:00 PM - Lavery

I'm from Galway originally and the Crane bar is my local when I'm back. They host traditional Irish and folk music regularly there, you'll really enjoy that gig. http://www.thecranebar.com/

Roisin Dubh is another good but bigger venue, recently done up but still quite small. http://www.roisindubh.net/

I won't be in Dublin when you're playing unfortunately but best of luck with the tour and visit.

Bring your raincoat!

Hey, just wanted to post that I'm doing some shows in Ireland over the next couple of weeks with my pals Craig Meyer and Dan Donnelly...

we've got about 10 shows booked over the 13 days (I've got info for 5 of them and will have the rest when we get settled in Dublin). Gonna try to do a bit of blogging at my MySpace page as the merry romp wears on, so wish us luck, and if you happen to be in Ireland, hope you can find the time to perhaps pop in and further perhaps buy me a pint of Guinness as I may not be able to afford more than a pint over the course of the entire trip, what with the weak dollar-to-euro conversion and all ;)

- - - -

August, 6 2008 08:00 PM - The Crane Bar :: Mart & Craig with Dan Donnelly as The Mulberry Trio

Sea Road, Galway, Ireland

August, 7 2008 08:00 PM - The Roisin Dubh :: Mart & Craig with Dan Donnelly as The Mulberry Trio

Galway, Ireland

August, 9 2008 08:00 PM - Lavery

Might check it out. What type of music do you play and when will you know if you are playing more dates in Dublin? As for Temple Bar, it's not the best, just full of English louts on Stag parties, nice if you wanna pull some cheap English bird, otherwise, move to other areas of town. I'd recommend Whelans on Campden Street (? could be wrong)

For anyone who is in the neighborhood and considering going to one of these shows:

At the Tweedy-in-your-living-room show I attended this year, Mart (who always plays for us after Tweedy is done) did a quick guest appearance in the middle of Jeff's set. Someone said to Jeff, "now you know what happens after you leave...", and he replied "yeah, it gets good". :lol

He said that he should be opening for Mart, and was told that he was, for that show at least. :dancing

Might check it out. What type of music do you play and when will you know if you are playing more dates in Dublin? As for Temple Bar, it's not the best, just full of English louts on Stag parties, nice if you wanna pull some cheap English bird, otherwise, move to other areas of town. I'd recommend Whelans on Campden Street (? could be wrong)

Whelans is on Wexford St, near St Patricks Cathedral, great venue.

You should consider coming to Cork and Limerick, if you do a show in Cork, I'll come.

Re English chicks, thanks for the tip ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Mart, welcome back! :cheekkiss

So, did my cousins welcome you with open arms?!?

:ermm

Oh no, that's right, there was some lameness there. And the one who would have been most likely to go see you, in Galway, was away on his own holiday, in Scotland.

Glad to hear you had fun, though! :cheers

Read your blog and good to hear you enjoyed Galway. You're right Tigh Neachtain's does have the best pint of Guiness in town. You managed to spend most of your time in my three favourite bars, Roisin Dubh, The Crane and Tigh Neachtain's...Galway does have a great vibe, despite the weather. Even in the depths of winter there's always a good buzz around town.

Glad you enjoyed your trip.