I Met WILCO Last Night!!!!!!!

My girlfriend and I were walking down North Ave just east of Milwaukee and we walked right past Pat. It was crazy, because at first we didn't put it together and walked right past him, but then we both looked at each other and said, "That's Pat," real smart like that. We went back into some store right next to where Earwax Cafe is, but we lost him.

So even though we didn't actually meet him, it was cool to see him walking down North Ave in the flesh. Weird, right?

I also met Jeff in Madison in '05 just before a solo show at the Orpheum. I walked into some clothing store right near the venue and there he was with his wife and kids. I introduced myself and wished him luck with the show and that I was glad to have meet him, and he was nice about it and reached out to shake my hand, actually, which was cool. He was a little standoffish though, but I think it's because he was just trying to relax with his family and I was all like, "OMG, I love you," which would be off-putting to anyone. It was awesome though. Sorry 'bout that, Jeff, if you're reading. Next time I meet you I'll be much cooler.

They are some cool cats. Nels will always jib jab with you. Pat too. The others are kind of hit and miss sometimes. The two times I saw Jeff after the show he seemed like he was on another planet. It is surreal that first time you walk up to them. Freaky.

Thats funny, because I totally got that vibe from Jeff the other night. I mean he was friendly, but he did seem kind of out of it. But I'm sure he was tired after playing a two hour show.

Michael was very nice as well, and funny. I told him that they were VERY cool to walk out in the rain to meet fans.

Thats funny, because I totally got that vibe from Jeff the other night. I mean he was friendly, but he did seem kind of out of it. But I'm sure he was tired after playing a two hour show.

Michael was very nice as well, and funny. I told him that they were VERY cool to walk out in the rain to meet fans.

Yeah, I think my disconnect is from watching their documentaries where Jeff talks deeply about things. Then, you meet him after a show and he is spent. Not to mention the panic disorder thing where he is probably thinking he'd rather be in the bus. To me that says he cares about his fans. Even though he appears to be on another planet.

I used to see jeff all the time at tupelo shows (hard to miss when there are 200 or less people there )

I was 16-18 at the time

Saw him 3 years ago at a restaurant in chicago and really at that point I wasnt that into wilco. It was fathers day and he was having breakfast with his family. I hadn't seen him in person in over 10 years so i kept kinda looking over and debating whether it was him or not. He caught me looking once and gave a little nod and an acknowledging smile. I didnt bother him though.

His son's school is on the same block as my girlfriends old place so occasionally i'd see him picking up the kids. I never bothered him though, always felt it was inappropriate.

that's so awesome! i met 1/2 of wilco after ACL last year, and they were all the nicest guys. my sister and i actually had the exact same day as john on the monday after ACL..saw him swimming at barton springs, having coffee at jo's, shopping on south congress, then having dinner with pat at guero's. i'm sure he thought we were stalking him, but we just happened to be going to all the same places at the same time (i swear!). it started to get awkward after awhile. but before it got awkward, we asked him to take a picture with my nephew and he did so happily. then he showed us pics of his little girl - such a cool and down-to-earth guy!

I think I saw that picture on FLICKR. Is it this one:

2710504933_2e059753c4.jpg

Cute kid!

I've met John twice. Once at an Autumn Defense show before Sky Blue Sky was released, but after it leaked. We talked bass, and it was amazing. Then I ran into him at the Pavillion show in Boston last year, he remembered me, and was very nice.

I also talked to Pat at the Autumn Defense show, he was also one cool dude.

Mikael was a bit...unfriendly, the one time I met him.

I've now met Jeff twice. After the New Haven show last February, he remembered that I was the "song guesser" from last year's Pines and Boston shows, and was very nice. And then after last week's Tanglewood show. :)

Of course, what you have there is Bob Dylan and his beard, a friend of his with a Bob Dylan Beard, and the fellow who wrote the song Bob Dylan's Beard, who sometimes grows a Bob Dylan beard himself, all in one place. Cosmic, man.

Of course, what you have there is Bob Dylan and his beard, a friend of his with a Bob Dylan Beard, and the fellow who wrote the song Bob Dylan's Beard, who sometimes grows a Bob Dylan beard himself, and a huge fan of the fellow who wrote the song Bob Dylan's Beard, who sometimes grows a Bob Dylan beard himself, who can also grow a bob dylan beard himself, all in one place. Cosmic, man.

Edited that a little bit!

Of course, what you have there is Bob Dylan and his beard, a friend of his with a Bob Dylan Beard, and the fellow who wrote the song Bob Dylan's Beard, who sometimes grows a Bob Dylan beard himself, all in one place. Cosmic, man.

is there a full moon tonight?