my friend wasn't feeling well and wanted to leave and I was the one driving... :dontgetit we left during 'Hoodoo Voodoo' so I guess it could've been worse.

Hippo... you missed the dueling guitars. Pat vs. Nels. Always a great moment for me. Somehow, it never feels rehearsed.

Kevin

I thought it was kind of lame that the Tanglewood t-shirt was like the St. Louis t-shirts, only black. And with the venue name spelled right :lol The crowd around the merchandise tent was insane, so after I saw the poster and decided I didn't like it that much, I didn't bother waiting around. I bought a t-shirt and a CD from Andrew Bird's tent instead. I know I can always order a shirt or vinyl later from the Wilcoworld store.

Hippo... you missed the dueling guitars. Pat vs. Nels. Always a great moment for me. Somehow, it never feels rehearsed.

Kevin

I liked the Hoodoo Voodoo duel better when it was 3 ... Nels/Jeff/Pat. :yes

:ohwell

next time Wilco rolls around, I'll be attending solo.

Ooo. Bad call. I did that last summer at the Greek in LA. All of my Wilco fan friends (pop. 2) had plans. The Greek has notoriously bad parking, so I went insanely early, thinking that I'd be in a massive crush of cars lined up. Silly me forgot that in LA nobody gets to any venue more than 10 minutes before the show/game/whatever, so I had to wander around like a total loser. I'd check my watch and look over to the entrance to make it look like I was waiting for someone. And once the show starts, you won't have anyone to lean over to and say, "Wow! Can you believe that?!?!"

EDIT: I can't believe I didn't think of this before! You should check out the Passenger Side section of Wilcoworld.com and car pool with someone!!

Of course, if it's general admission and you know there's a bunch of VCer's there - then go for it. That doesn't count as solo!!

As for merch - Is it just me or are the posters light years ahead of the t-shirts? They always have killer posters and (mostly) crap shirts. Why is that?

• 2 weeks later...