Oasis/Noel Gallagher

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news...uring-oasis-gig

Pitchfork article and YouTube link.

Although Pitchfork takes some digs of their own on Noel Gallagher, I think it's kind of a scary thing to see a performer being attacked like this. It wasn't just a tap, the guy really took him out. On the Oasis website it says they took Noel to the hospital after the show, which they finished, for suspected broken ribs and torn ligaments.

Definately not the same type of thing with Jeff taking a swing at that stage crasher a while ago.

This also makes me think of the FZ incident.

I feel like this is what you were talking about. He was really hurt.

About 2 songs in during a show I saw in '81, a fan threw a bottle at the lights above Frank and the band. When broken glass showered Steve Vai, FZ stopped the show and tried to get the crowd to point out who did it. Nobody came forward nor was pointed out for the act, so he said if anything else happened they would immediately leave.

Thankfully the show continued without incident. :whew

I feel like this is what you were talking about.

About 2 songs in during a show '81, a fan threw a bottle at the lights above Frank and the band. When broken glass showered Steve Vai, FZ stopped the show and tried to get the crowd to point out who did it. Nobody came forward nor was pointed out for the act, so he said if anything else happened they would immediately leave.

Thankfully the show continued without incident. :whew

That's it - I figured most folks would know what FZ means - maybe not.

Wasn't there an incident with the original Mothers that he fell (was pushed?) into the orchestra pit and was significantly injured? Wheelchair bound?

That's what I was referring to - and Mr. Stooka posted a link to - which I should have done. Apparently, it changed him for the rest of his life - he was not without a bodyguard after that, so I have read.

I saw Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks in Minneapolis and this drunk fuck kept heckling the band for Pavement songs and he threw two cans of PBR on stage. One splashed onto some amps. I actually think the dude was trying to hit Malkmus, but he was just too wasted to aim. Not cool. Malkmus didn't seem to even acknowledge the incident.