Elvis Costello's High Whines and Spirits

Red Shoes

Uncomplicated

Wild Night

Tonight the Bottle Let Me Down w/Jim Lauderdale, on guitar, for the rest of the show

Down among the Wines and Spirits ? a new song he wrote with TBone Burnett

High Timberline vocal Jim Lauderdale writen by Jim and Robert Hunter

Friend of the Devil

(speaking about his boys who were on stage with drum sticks "apparently they have seen the set list now its time for drums and space")

My Sons ? new song about his boys.

Sugarcane written with Tbone

Crooked Line written w/ TBone sung w/ Emmylou Harris

Love Hurts w/ Emmylou)

Whats so Funny bout Peace, Love and Understanding

Scarlet Tide w/ the Welshmen's Choir and members of the Waco Brothers/ Emmylou

Well, He really blew my mind this time. The band was amazing Austin DeLone-keyboards, Bill Kirchin -guitar, Pete Thomas -drums Fats Kaplan - fiddle. No appearance by TBone however all the new songs were amazing so perhaps he will tour with Elvis like he is doing with Allison Krauss and Robert Plant....(which I still have not recovered from seeing on Friday night :worship)

I must say that to see that version of Scarlet Tide all these years after This Years Girl, Wendy and I saw it in Columbus when the war first started gave me pause. Elvis as usual was righteous and funny...he looked as dapper as ever with a dark purple hat, waistcoat and vest. Here is a link to The Coward Brothers info, now we all have something to look forward to.

http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/index.p...Coward_Brothers

HOLY COW! what a set!

red shoes?! :w00t :-O

i love that elvis continues to do robert hunter/dead songs. i saw him do ship of fools in about 1986. he is one soulful dude.

is that wild night his own, or the van morrison song?

miss jayne, so glad you could be there. i was with wendy last night in detroit and your name came up! :cheers

HOLY COW! what a set!

red shoes?! :w00t :-O

i love that elvis continues to do robert hunter/dead songs. i saw him do ship of fools in about 1986. he is one soulful dude.

is that wild night his own, or the van morrison song?

miss jayne, so glad you could be there. i was with wendy last night in detroit and your name came up! :cheers

His version of Ship of Fools can be found on various record releases, most recently, on the extended version of Kojak Variety (I think). They spent time together around the period when he made Mighty Like A Rose. Elvis has also talked about seeing The Grateful Dead at the Bickershaw Festival in 1972.

Yes ms yvon Wild Nights was Van Morrison(were you and Wendy MMJing last night?) and Matt you got that one right My Three Sons. I woke up with TFOTD running through my head. It was an amazing set. I thought I had seen every side of Elvis (the show at Davies when he premiered the symphony was mind blowing as well) but yesterday was really something.

Myboy here is the link to the Coward Brothers ie Elvis and TBone

http://www.elviscostello.info/wiki/index.p...Coward_Brothers

I won't bore you folks with the Robert Plant/ TBone/ Allison show info right now because I'm off to work and quite frankly still speechless around that. Suffice to say I think "the gardners" and I blew Jason's mind with his first HSB show :thumbup

Hopefully Scott will put some pictures up I can link you folks too.

In the meantime something for y'all the Jerry/Elvis thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzNgmx7MML0

and from the HSB 2006:

Yes ms yvon Wild Nights was Van Morrison(were you and Wendy MMJing last night?) and Matt you got that one right My Three Sons.

Yep, well Saturday night anyway! Molly, great report from HSB!

I love ROcktober! There's so many shows happening right now and I just saw 3 in a row - Ryan Adams Thursday night in Indy, Ben Folds with Fort Wayne Philharmonic on Friday, and then MMJ in Detroit Saturday night (with a extra special appearance by Ms Yvon & Co from LA!!!) So I've seen some pretty great performances, and it's been a lot to take in but by far MMJ put on the highest energy show Sat night in Detroit at the Fillmore. Wish we could do it all over again next Saturday night! Great times! Wish I could have been at HSB as well, but I can't complain too much. I'm looking forward to Ms. Yvon's most excellent MMJ setlist reportage ** Rampant Badassery

Oddly, it was the second time I heard "What's So Funny" performed over the weekend. If I had made it to the Ry Cooder/Jim Keltner/Nick Lowe benefit shows, that number would've doubled, I think. :w00t

Very phangirl comment, but what the hell? Elvis's young twins were dancing and air drumming at the side of the stage for most of his set. Cutest. Things. Ever. :wub

thank you little savage

beautiful beautiful beautiful!!!

today I woke up sing radio sweetheart which I left off the list I think. I know he played it.

We are all so lucky to be in Rocktober pneyu, couldn't agree more 2 WSFBPLAU and 2 Vincent 52s for me! Thank you Warren Hellman. Think I'll write that card today.