Pavement Brighten the Corners Reissue

haven't seen this mentioned yet and i'm very excited for it :)

comes out on Nov. 18 and seems like there's a bonus live set if you pre-order... tracklisting is:

Disc One:

1. Stereo

2. Shady Lane / J Vs. S

3. Transport Is Arranged

4. Date w/ IKEA

5. Old to Begin

6. Type Slowly

7. Embassy Row

8. Blue Hawaiian

9. We Are Underused

10. Passat Dream

11. Starlings of the Slipstream

12. Fin

The original BTC album, remastered. Originally released February, 1997.

* 13. Then (The Hexx)

Originally released as the B-side to Spit On A Stranger (OLE-384-7), May, 1999

this does indeed look good

Buy Early Get Now has a really good deal for the preorder. I'm listening to the stream right now. :dance

I didn't do the BEGN program the last time around and I wasn't gonna miss it this time. It sounds really cool. I never gave BTC much of a chance, although it had some great songs on it.

I'm really looking forward to the next reissue though. Terror Twilight is my least favorite album. So maybe seeing it in a different light will help me changed my mind. I still dig Carrot Rope. Plus, there were no Spiral Stairs songs on it. It will be interesting to see if some of the Preston School demos end up on it.

I was a little bummed to see one of my favorite Pavement gems, Spiral's "For Sale, The Preston School of Industry" wound up getting left off. They recorded it for a radio station in the Netherlands, and the station owns the only version they recorded and wanted too much cash for it. The KCRW session is golden though, hopefully they'll keep in Stephen's banter with the host. This is a pretty underrated album. All five Pavement albums are great in their own way, the early ones are a little better, but never really put out a bad album. I didn't do the buy early, buy now either, but will certainly pick this up when it comes out.

--Mike

• 2 months later...

Okay, I pre-ordered mine way back in October and have yet to receive mine. I contacted Matador and they say give it a little more time, but as of today, nothing! I want my bloody LP! I am getting pretty pissed!

Anyone else having this issue with their deluxe edition or am I the only person having issues here?

Okay, I pre-ordered mine way back in October and have yet to receive mine. I contacted Matador and they say give it a little more time, but as of today, nothing! I want my bloody LP! I am getting pretty pissed!

Anyone else having this issue with their deluxe edition or am I the only person having issues here?

I received my copy one day early (December 8th, I believe). You should definitely contact Matador as well as the store from which you ordered the package.

I received my copy one day early (December 8th, I believe). You should definitely contact Matador as well as the store from which you ordered the package.

I pre-ordered from Matador directly since the matador-approved store in town didn't do the BEGN program this time around. I have contacted Matador several times. They keep asking me to wait it out! They told me that they would send another one out on the 5th of this month if I didn't get it by then(they're out of the office until then b/c of the holidays). That's almost a month already!!! I hope they still have the lp because that's the only reason I even participated in the BEGN program! I'm gonna be so pissed if I can't get what I paid for!

:realmad