Reunion that should happen

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

The problem with many 70s and 80s bands reuniting is that the singers' voices are often shot at whatever age they are. However...

Top of my list:

The FACES!!! Its kinda happened, but not like they've been talking about for years in interviews with the multiple guest lead singers and a full on US tour. And I really want it to happen with Rod Stewart, while he's still got a voice. I'm not holding my breath and I'm pissed at Rod for not getting on board when Ronnie and Ian and Kenny are raring to go.

The Georgia Satellites - Probably not a lot of Satellites fans on this board, but by their third album, they were writing some more serious songs, getting away from the goofy-hick stuff that got radio play. They had a huge Faces influence, with Ian McLagan playing on their records and they were a damn fine no-frills rock 'n' roll bar band. It was a crime they split up just when they were peaking. I think they could still pull it off if they wanted to.

I'd like to see the Kinks again, too. They were a great live band even into the 80s.

The problem with many 70s and 80s bands reuniting is that the singers' voices are often shot at whatever age they are. However...

Top of my list:

The FACES!!! Its kinda happened, but not like they've been talking about for years in interviews with the multiple guest lead singers and a full on US tour. And I really want it to happen with Rod Stewart, while he's still got a voice. I'm not holding my breath and I'm pissed at Rod for not getting on board when Ronnie and Ian and Kenny are raring to go.

The Georgia Satellites - Probably not a lot of Satellites fans on this board, but by their third album, they were writing some more serious songs, getting away from the goofy-hick stuff that got radio play. They had a huge Faces influence, with Ian McLagan playing on their records and they were a damn fine no-frills rock 'n' roll bar band. It was a crime they split up just when they were peaking. I think they could still pull it off if they wanted to.

I'd like to see the Kinks again, too. They were a great live band even into the 80s.

The Faces are going to do some US dates next year - but Rod is clearly out of the picture. I think I read an interview the other day with Dave Davies - he said he can't stand to be around Ray very long.

I'm probably in a minority of those who give a damn but...I love to see Marillion with Fish on vocals again. Marillion are still a great band but with Fish it was beautiful.

Marillion do these weekend convention shows so how about one night new Marillion, one night with Fish, and the third with both singers.

oh..and I'd love to see Neil Young back with Crazy Horse for a show. It's a different scenario with Neil as he has so many different bands but Crazy Horse still rock.

Let's face it reunions suck for the most part. When the Pixies and Dinosaur Jr. (before they released any new material) reformed I was so excited only to have my hopes dashed by the reality of seeing teenage idols as middle-aged adults going through the motion in exchange for the mullah. I didn't bother with Pavement which seems like a good choice from the reviews.

Funnily enough the Police were the only band worth the money. They were really good.

I wouldn't mind seeing The Wonder Stuff.

Are they still kicking after their reunion, earlier in the millennium?