Reunion that should happen

That Jayhawks gig happend already and was amazing! It's up on DIME and I'll try to post it to my blog soon.

I havent checked the Jayhawks page in awhile and it looks like it was an awesome show!

Here is the discussion!

http://www.jayhawksfanpage.com/boards/showthread.php?t=11416

Love the setlist too!

The Jayhawks

Live Azkena Festival Spain.

6th Sep 2008

Band:

Mark Olson-Acoustic Guitar/Vocals

Gary Louris-Electric Guitar/Vocals

Marc Perlman-Bass

Tim O'Reagan-Drums/Vocals

Karen Grotberg-Key's/Vocals

Aud recording.

Sony Hi-Md MZ-RH910>Mics: Sony Stereo-ECM-719>soundforge 8>cd wav editor>

flacfrontend level 6>you

Recorded by Zebulon.

Edited By J.P.

Wichita

I

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sly & The Family Stone

Come

Gigolo Aunts

I was also going to list The Jesus & Mary Chain, but Wikipedia indicates that they've reformed and have a new album in the works. :w00t

Same goes for Superdrag :dancing

Husker Du

It sorta did a few years back at a benefit for Soul Asylum bassist Grant Young. Norton wasn't there and Grant wasn't playing drums, but it's the closest we're ever going to get, guaranteed. Their short time together only opened old wounds between Bob & Grant.

Here's visual proof:

GrantBob.jpg

Sly & The Family Stone

Come

Gigolo Aunts

I was also going to list The Jesus & Mary Chain, but Wikipedia indicates that they've reformed and have a new album in the works. :w00t

Same goes for Superdrag :dancing

Sly and the Family Stone did a few shows this year and Superdrag toured with Nada Surf the end of 2007.

:stunned

I havent checked the Jayhawks page in awhile and it looks like it was an awesome show!

Here is the discussion!

http://www.jayhawksfanpage.com/boards/showthread.php?t=11416

Love the setlist too!

The Jayhawks

Live Azkena Festival Spain.

6th Sep 2008

Band:

Mark Olson-Acoustic Guitar/Vocals

Gary Louris-Electric Guitar/Vocals

Marc Perlman-Bass

Tim O'Reagan-Drums/Vocals

Karen Grotberg-Key's/Vocals

Aud recording.

Sony Hi-Md MZ-RH910>Mics: Sony Stereo-ECM-719>soundforge 8>cd wav editor>

flacfrontend level 6>you

Recorded by Zebulon.

Edited By J.P.

Wichita

I

Men at Work

I can get behind that...so much potential

are the Rolling stones together at the moment or have they had a temporary split? :lol

seriously, most bands that should reunite have an original member that's dead. its not the same without the original line-up. zeppelin is sorta different cause it's still family that could take over the drums

If I had to harvest 10000000000000000000 souls to get the Beatles to reunite (Lennon and Harrison returned from the beyond) I would be sorely tempted to do it.

But, every other one I can think of has been mentioned. Like Neutral Milk Hotel. The ones I want will never happenm. :hmm

The Pixies (again--and this time they wouldn't cancel the show I had excellent seats for)

I saw the Pixies twice in their heyday and twice on the reunion tour.

The 2 shows on the reunion tour were dreadful. No spirit in the performance at all. They were just running through the tunes for the money.

I saw the Pixies twice in their heyday and twice on the reunion tour.

The 2 shows on the reunion tour were dreadful. No spirit in the performance at all. They were just running through the tunes for the money.

I saw them once in '90 and once on the reunion tour ... and while I agree that they seemed to just be running through the tunes for the money on their recent tour, I thought they put on a pretty good show nonetheless. Not like in their prime, but worth the ticket price.

XTC!

I'm on board with this. It would be cool to have:

Andy Partridge

Colin Moulding

Dave Gregory

Terry Chambers

Barry Andrews

all in there together. Especially since Gregory and Andrews were never in there together. Andrews and Partridge did that Monstrance project a few years ago so you never know.

I don't think that will ever happen - as there is too much hatred between John and Stu/Cosmo.

Agreed. And the hatred should be there. Still doesn't stop we from wishing it would happen. At least we have the 40th aniversary releases to suck some more coin out of us. (I did not purchase/steal any of these.)