Neil Young Tour off night headlining dates...Rochester NY?

Where'd you hear that rumor? Any credibility?

Well, it obviously can't be verified at this moment. But I did get a call yesterday from a friend of someone that has something to do with a local promoter there. And when he said Dec 6th, it sure seemed to be a possibility.

My guess is that there would be other similar off night dates scheduled but not announced until as late as possible as to not affect the Neil ticket sales. I'm sure there's some agreement (which is somewhat typical) that Wilco or any opening band cannot play a date within a certain amount of miles until the primary event sells out.

See everybody at Nick's before the show (they'll be closed by the time it's over. Too many ne'erdowells latenight to maintain operating, at least according to RPD).

Then I'll see everybody at the show, I'll be the guy tossing his wife in the air in pure joy musical joy.

I can't believe it.

I went to the main site today to finally nail down where exactly I was going to catch them with Neil.

ROCHESTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Completely and utterly blown away! Got my tix today.

I am so close to running around the room screaming like a little kid it's not even funny!

Hopefully I can play good Wilco host to the out-of-towners, ask away for any recs you may need.

I can't believe it.

I went to the main site today to finally nail down where exactly I was going to catch them with Neil.

ROCHESTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Completely and utterly blown away! Got my tix today.

I am so close to running around the room screaming like a little kid it's not even funny!

Hopefully I can play good Wilco host to the out-of-towners, ask away for any recs you may need.

Not to rain on your parade but Neil will not be in Rochester. But Wilco will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 29 thru December 16 is supporting Neil Young, except 12-06-08: Rochester and 12:14-08: Baltimore

better hustle all - for good seats (though i have come over the years to prefer standing venues, the crowd vibe is way better). got tickets just now. they're already back to row p (for singles) in the center and row o on the sides for doubles or more. the venue is perfect for them i think. way better than the megabarns they're playing with neil. i just couldn't face toronto.

Not to rain on your parade but Neil will not be in Rochester. But Wilco will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Given the ticket prices for Neil and Wilco, it's all good!

While the combo would be an awesome show, the drive and the like, especially after the mini-tour we did in August, would be just too much, (especiallyafter the truly hellish drive from NY to Delaware that Sunday ($3 remembers that, I'm sure))

Hurry indeed, I logged on to pre-sale at exactly 10:00 am and got two seats 18 rows back. WTF. I"m thrilled to have tickets, but it seems as though they blocked off half the seats in the auditorium. I've traveled all over the north-east and have been to four shows. Now they're coming to my hometown. Hopefully some of the better seats will get released later on.

Anyway, looking forward to a great show, welcome to Rochester everybody.

Hurry indeed, I logged on to pre-sale at exactly 10:00 am and got two seats 18 rows back. WTF. I"m thrilled to have tickets, but it seems as though they blocked off half the seats in the auditorium. I've traveled all over the north-east and have been to four shows. Now they're coming to my hometown. Hopefully some of the better seats will get released later on.

Anyway, looking forward to a great show, welcome to Rochester everybody.

If it was a music today presale, they're randomly selected seats not best available. If not, ignore me.

While the combo would be an awesome show, the drive and the like, especially after the mini-tour we did in August, would be just too much, (especiallyafter the truly hellish drive from NY to Delaware that Sunday ($3 remembers that, I'm sure))

Oh Jesus, that trip to Wilmington was the very worst drive I've ever made. I actually thought about turning around and going back at one point, except that I knew the storm was heading north. I've never seen hail accumulate like that, especially not so quickly. The next day's trip through New Jersey, NYC, and Connecticut the next day en route to Tanglewood wasn't much better because of downpours and horrible traffic. It was all worth it, though. It always is with these guys.

Rochester is a two hour trip for me, which is nothing considering that I'm used to driving to either Philly or Massachusetts to see them. In fact, I'll be at the Neil show in Philly the following Friday, but I'm looking forward to this one a lot more, though I'm excited to be going to the Neil show with some VCers :thumbup

Anybody ever been to the theater? What's it like? I've been through Rochester a few times by car and train but have never actually been there.

Anybody ever been to the theater? What's it like? I've been through Rochester a few times by car and train but have never actually been there.

It's a really good theater. It'll be great for Wilco, smallish, good sound and it doesn't seem like there's any bad seats. It's the home of the Rochester Broadway Theater League so they do a lot of plays and stage shows there. It'll be great.

Skip the Garbage Plates and go visit the Great Great House of Guitars.

Oh Jesus, that trip to Wilmington was the very worst drive I've ever made. I actually thought about turning around and going back at one point, except that I knew the storm was heading north. I've never seen hail accumulate like that, especially not so quickly. The next day's trip through New Jersey, NYC, and Connecticut the next day en route to Tanglewood wasn't much better because of downpours and horrible traffic. It was all worth it, though. It always is with these guys.

Rochester is a two hour trip for me, which is nothing considering that I'm used to driving to either Philly or Massachusetts to see them. In fact, I'll be at the Neil show in Philly the following Friday, but I'm looking forward to this one a lot more, though I'm excited to be going to the Neil show with some VCers :thumbup

Back in the early 80's I was a volunteer usher for the Aud, so I got to see every show there for free. Think of the Wilmington venue (Grand Opera House) x2

Some good pubs are the Tap & Mallet and the old Toad which is about 2/3 mile from the Aud. Both are good places for food and good local beers.

Two good bars are Lux or the Bug Jar

Abilene is a great new saloon. It's on Liberty Pole Way. Ask for it by name when you get in town.

The Aud is a great venue and is perfect for Wilco. I never dreamed they 'd make it to town to play that place and I'm happy they're coming. The wife and I are headed to NYC to see them open for Neil at MSG 11 days later. I thought that would be our best last chance to see them for awhile (and what a way, too. We had to travel to Nashville and the Ryman last March because we missed them together the last time they played Toronto). Well, what a freaking bonus surprise when I saw this announced. Everybody enjoy!

For the out-of-towners...go visit the George Eastman House while yer here (Ra-cha-cha IS the photo capitol of the world, you know). You'll dig it.